UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an 8 month old sandero 1.2 ambiance 1400 miles £5.9k a couple of weeks ago. Have done about 400 miles mostly on semi rural roads at up to 60 mph . A couple of town trips and a little motorway at 75 mph.My first measured fill at 344 miles was just under 7 galllons so 50 mpg....as good as my panda . I do like driving this car ,nicely spaced gearing very quiet up tp 3k rpm {60mph) Rev it a bit and is a little cammy sounding but pulls nicely .. i quite like it actually but i guess on a long motorway journey it might be slightly wearing. It corners so much better than my panda which had alot of understeer if pushed.Only slight criticism is the rear seat could be 100mm further back and would make the back seat space a little roomier at the expense of a little boot space. Overall very pleased. I think this is a keeper.Still wondering if clio or megane 15" wheel will do for a spare ?

Finally here is something I came across on you tube. Dont try this at home! Enjoy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
That bloke boring doing the review! At least he comments on the poor door design at the back - My Mum became victim to that a couple of weeks ago, and sported a 1cm long cut and large bruise for a week or so!

Going to look into some kind of hidden padding, although I can't quite see how it will work..... at the moment!

·
Registered
15 Posts
update on mpg...my second fill i drove the car quite hard using 4-5k rpms through the gears alot and the mpg dropped to 42 . Third fill sanity returned and driving more sanely again 48 mpg. mostly country roads and a roads .Find motorway cruising at 75mph comfortable. really cant complain :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Most doors have corners though!
My Peugeot 206 drivers door comes to a right point.

On a serious note that's quite impressive mileage from the 1.2.

Someone must have really disliked it though to get shut after 1400 miles, all they did was break the engine in for you B)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can't see where the reference to the doors come from, but my wife and I have both been hit by the rear doors! I think the position of the handle relative to the top rear pointy bit means it's hard to avoid getting clunked by it! As I'm taller it caught me under the chin and my wife got cut above her eye

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts