UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we've had the Duster since the end of July and so far has done a bit over 1,500 miles. Absolutely loving it still and 2 weeks in it's making for an ideal family car as well.

The engine is run in nicely and responds brilliantly, it returns 40-45mpg round town and showed steady 70mpg through a restricted (50mph) part of the M25 on Friday. The car is comfortable for long journeys, handles the country roads admirably and sends our little'un off to sleep nicely as well haha.

Gave Tia 2 a clean inside and out today, sealed the glass and treated all the interior plastics. Still looking like new! :)

3_zps6d6cfd44.jpg

2_zps9387d8ea.jpg

Reactions from friends have been really positive as I don't think pictures do the car justice. Those who know Renaults are amazed at how much of a Renault it is and others have been amazed the quality of the car considering it's price.

Either way, we're 2 1/2 months into ownership and still as impressed as the day we got it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, i'll check that thread out too. :)

Car just needs one more coat of sealant and it'll be protected for winter too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
TOTALLY DISAGREE ALEX - your Duster looks blooming marvellous!

I wrote elsewhere about how I feel about my mate's Jaguar XF and how much I felt that our Sandero was great value for money. I am only a bit green eyed about the Jag but your post about your Duster makes me really pretty jealous - and I do regret now not stretching the extra mile to go for one.

Back on topic - - - in over 40 years of car ownership I have never, ever before polished a whole car in one visit but then we got the Sandero which I have gone over very thoroughly with Armor All Shield (body and wheels). (Is it OK to use brand names?).

Anyway, the bit I did not do with any special treatment was the glass. And, since this early morning was misty/moisty we discovered for the first time that the inside of the windscreen is kind of filmy, like wet diesel on a road surface and plays havoc with visibility when the sun is all wrong.

This afternoon I used some strong glass cleaner and have made the screen look OK - - - BUT:

Please let me know what you have done your glass with - your car looks fantastic and if I can get nice windows like yours then I will be delighted.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
..... Armor All Shield
Anyway, the bit I did not do with any special treatment was the glass.
The very same stuff I used on the Stepway and 206 yesterday. It rained overnight and it doesn't half bead water well.
I use rain x cleaner and spray on the glass (outside)and it's pretty good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you 9fruits - I will look into Rain-x for the glass.

My Armor All applications:

Completely fascinating to look at the first rain after the first application of the polish. The water was visibly running off in torrents in great big beads. I took that to mean that because my car was drying quickly it would be less likely to rust if became dry not wet (in the longer term).

I've washed the car only once since that application and I think the degree of beading has already become a whole lot worse. But water is still beading so I suppose that is good but is does not marry up, for example, to the standards that Auto Express Magazine suggested it might.

I have also found Armor All for wheels something of a one-trick-pony - I only used it on the front (disc braked) wheels and it was effective for the first wash but now is not deterring mucky wheel syndrome.

Maybe it was the way I put it all on. Her Ladyship would blame me for not polishing the bloody stuff properly. That's why my nightmares have rust-holey Dacia bodies failing MoTs .. Our car crushed in front of baying crowds ....Aaaarghhh!

But I'm going to polish it again soon to help it look pretty and to grow old gracefully!

REVELATION - it came to me - please see other "Revelation" Posts.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I used to use RainX on the windscreen but the effect of rain water running up the screen while driving was so distracting I stopped. I use it on the house windows now :)

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Really. I love it. I don't have the wipers on nearly as much as it self clears. Biggest benefit is either passing a lorry on the motorway that is kicking up a lot of spray or the splash from a big puddle hitting the windscreen (I'm talking the tsunami wave that blinds you not a wee splash) as the water runs off and you concentrate on holding the car straight rather than flapping to get the wipers on.
I had an incident when I was in Italy an driving on the autostrada. A wave came over the central reservation and slapped our windscreen, I pat my shants on that one. I even take a bottle with me on holiday now to do the hire car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm using Serious Detailing Glass sealant on my windows which s a product my friend Dan had developed. It's similar to Rain-X but designed to last longer in theory but has the same effect of repelling water from the glass. I tend to use the wipers as well as I'm not keen on relying on a sealant to clear the screen. You'll find though that it aids the wipers in clearing the screen.

I'd recommend Autoglym Fast Glass as it's a great glass cleaner inside and out and also has a repellent worked into it so it works very similarly to Rain-X. Probably one of Autoglym's best products.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts