UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been doing a forum search and wondering what people think of the 1.6 petrol engine as not too much about it (have finally decided not to go diesel again!). All the larger Dacias are roughly the same size but the Duster's is a bit more powerful and the 1.6 crops up in other models. Would make a good local hack as an Access model? Good for the beekeeping I'm lgoing to be doing...... Maybe replace our Skoda with one when it's finished.

(Had a look at a Dokker and looks like that will be the primary choice at the moment as we can use it for travel back to the UK but if the bees etc go well a 4WD for towing and winter checking might be handy.......)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I can't tell you anything about the petrol engine except those on the forum (admittedly few) who have them seem to think they're fine.

I chose to go with the diesel for lots of reasons, you get a diesel Duster for less than a petrol version of any other crossover and the economy and performance of the diesel is so much better than the 1.6 petrol that for me it was no contest. That said it is more expensive to buy the diesel and if all you want is a workhorse the access model is a good bet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We've done just that bought the access petrol for local green lanes for our dog. Very quiet and refined but after 600 mils were only managing about 33mpg. £225rd tax too but mega cheap insurance.we love it.4 x 4 btw. As quiet at, 70 mph as my new f56 mini Cooper petrol turbo that cost£21k!!##

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds interesting we can have a think........ Turns out you can't get the Access in 4x4 here.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brought the 1.6 petrol because :
1) it was cheap
2) I wanted my own sound system
3) I only do 6k
4) it was big enough to tow my small caravan
5) it's a dads car (tip and back is probably most frequent journey) so don't have to worry about trim

I've been totally happy (touch wood)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi the 1.6 is a great engine . I went for it as i spend a lot of time on the continent , whilst abroad I use E85 Ethanol fuel . E85 is a fraction of the cost in France and as it has a higher octane the engine is unbelievable smooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts