UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have had my Stepway laureate for a month now and I am still absolutely loving it! I have the diesel version and am getting on average 53 mpg which is 10 more than my old car!!! I also love that extra little bit of acceleration the engine gives you when pulling away from traffic lights/idiots. I have had it in Eco mode since day 1- should I turn this off? What are the pros/cons?
Two of the main worries people seem to have about buying this car are the pedals vibrating and the roof bars whistling... I have to say I have had no issues with either- if you have previously owned a top of the range Jaguar/Mercedes then maybe you will feel a difference, but otherwise don't worry.
The only thing I don't like about my car is that when you have to break hard and fast (getting cut up on motorways etc) the car has a tendency to weave a little- meaning you need to hold onto the steering wheel very firmly to avoid swerving... My old car felt much more solid in those situations, but I guess every car is different!
I would also recommend that you swap your standard windscreen wipers for some flat blades- they offer much better coverage and are far better in heavy rain.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice review, I was worried about the vibrations from the diesel engine that a lot of online reviews mention, the local dealer doesn't have a stepway with a diesel unit. They did have a logan so I took that out for a run and didn't find any issues. Thanks to this review it looks like i'm going to the dealer today to sign up for a stepway :D

Reactions: sidaorb

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Nice review, I was worried about the vibrations from the diesel engine that a lot of online reviews mention, the local dealer doesn't have a stepway with a diesel unit. They did have a logan so I took that out for a run and didn't find any issues. Thanks to this review it looks like i'm going to the dealer today to sign up for a stepway :D
I've had a Diesel Stepway for 7 months and I've had no issues of vibration or any other problems. It has never been back to the dealer for any problems, not like my new Peugeot, new SEAT or new Skoda all had dealer visits within a month ! Lov'in it !! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I've had a Diesel Stepway for 7 months and I've had no issues of vibration or any other problems. It has never been back to the dealer for any problems, not like my new Peugeot, new SEAT or new Skoda all had dealer visits within a month ! Lov'in it !! ;)
hahahahaha

love this post

hahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I could not agree more about the windscreen wiper blades. Standard factory fitted blades are absolute garbage, which surprises me on such an important safe driving item. I know Dacia is all about keeping the on the road price as low as it can be, but some corners should never be cut.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't have a test drive went in they only had the one in the showroom I said that will do went back 2 days later and away I went :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've only got a couple of months to wait...hopefully

But it will be nice driving about in a 64 plate :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts