UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took delivery of my brand new 15plate LOGAN MCV 1.2 16v petrol car last week, now drive shaft is clicking loudly & constantly especially round corners, jacked it up to check brakes, bearings ,tyres etc etc, almost positive its drive shaft, booked it in with harratts under warranty for the 11th may.

What I would like to know is , is this common? especially being so new? just really worried I have bought a "poor" make car?

wondering whether I should have stuck with Peugeot as my previous work vehicle was a Peugeot and for the most part was fine.

Any help ,advice on this would be great , thanks! Scott.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi didn't expect a reply so soon, definatly not wheel trims, I jacked car up to check all 4 wheels, it is the driveshaft. just hoping its a new teething fault

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had a prob of a clip on the inner boot on drivers side driveshaft catching on a protection guard on the gearbox which was found when my wheel trim issue was being investigated. Worth a look and do try taking trims off if u have them fitted.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The drive shafts on Dacia are not a common problem. The only issue that does crop up occasionally is a lack of grease on the splines causing them to make a noise as you drive over bumps; remedy more grease. The running gear on these vehicles is very tough.

Clicking on full lock can be two things, the clips that secure the rubber boot catching somewhere as others have said or the constant velocity joint is worn out or faulty. IF it's the latter then its a one off as these cars are not know to have a CVJ weakness, if it was an MK1 BMC Mini then that's another matter the CVJs were terrible on those cars.

If you are worried about it then get it checked by the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts