UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my brand new logan mcv 1.2 petrol ambiance 15 plate last Wednesday, 1 week old, already driveshaft going, loud clicking when driven especially round corners, jacked car up to check bearings, tyres , brakes etc etc, almost certain its driveshaft!

Booked in under warranty for repair for the 11th may, can anyone tell me is this a common fault on dacias. just worried I have bought a "poor" make car , thinking I should have stuck with Peugeot and bought a new Peugeot instead.

car looks and drives nice, but clearly I spent nearly 8000 on it so any help advice on this issue would be great thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Took delivery of my brand new logan mcv 1.2 petrol ambiance 15 plate last Wednesday, 1 week old, already driveshaft going, loud clicking when driven especially round corners, jacked car up to check bearings, tyres , brakes etc etc, almost certain its driveshaft!

Booked in under warranty for repair for the 11th may, can anyone tell me is this a common fault on dacias. just worried I have bought a "poor" make car , thinking I should have stuck with Peugeot and bought a new Peugeot instead.

car looks and drives nice, but clearly I spent nearly 8000 on it so any help advice on this issue would be great thanks!
Hi skyfall ! First I've heard of this one, I think that if it is the driveshaft you have been extremely unlucky. Of the tens of thousands of Dacias sold, someone has to be the first I suppose, just a pity it's you !! Hope that you get it sorted asap ! ;)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Hi Skyfall,mines done over 10,000 and no drive shaft problems in fact only problem I have had was a vibrating intake shroud that sounded like a blowing exhaust which was sorted out on the first service.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just unlucky mate, the drive train is the same as the Renault Clio so it should be no better or worse than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts