UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading numerous stories on this forum about tales of woe,from late arrivals to faulty products,I might as well tell you of my first 10 days with my Dacia Duster Laureate 4x2.

It arrived at Arnold Clarks Dumfries on the date specified at time of placing my order.Happy.

For the next 7 days it took me to work on my 36 mile round trip of town roads,motorway and A roads.Eco mode every journey and attained 45.3 mpg.Happy with that return.

Next took 260 mile trip to Elgin on motorway and A9 and other roads, day after all the snow fell.They know how to clear snow up there.Black roads all the way with eco switched off and mpg for journey 53.4.Journey time including three short stops 4hours 45 mins.Still happy.

Did a bit of running around on the weekend and mpg dipped slightly to 52.1 mpg.There was a fair bit of snow to contend with but no real problems.

Return journey from Elgin 260 miles,no surprise there,took 5 hours with 3 short stops and a bit of rutted snow to Aviemore.Did the return journey in eco mode and got 58(fifty eight) mpg.How happy can i get?

Just to prove nothing,s perfect,there is slight condensation inside the bottom corner of the nearside headlight glass.

Total milage 1003.

260 mile in 5 hours(including three short breaks) is an average of 52 mph.I worked that bit oot in my heid,the rest was done by onboard computer.

As for comfort,it knocks spots off the xtype jaguar i used to run.

·
Registered
985 Posts
My missus loves the comfort of the Duster compared to the i20 that I had. I also have condensation in the innermost corners of both headlamps.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the Duster. Still monitoring things with interest after the debacle of the Indian-made Dusters and the company's response to it, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't still admire them as they pass by....

Wouldn't worry about the wee bit of condensation, as has been stated elsewhere, this is fairly normal, especially in low temps; it should dissipate when the lights are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts