UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as I patiently wait on my Duster materialising, I have been accumulating the odd accessory in anticipation of Duster Delivery Day. Saddo that I am I bought a chrome exhaust pipe thingy as a small enhancement (for my Duster). To while away the waiting time it set me thinking about alternative uses of accessories ... so here's one for starters. As a bottleneck blues guitarist, I thought my chrome exhaust accessory would make a great slide. It may not be nifty, but it has a certain je ne sais quoi. Here's a photo of my accessory in alternative use mode

IMG_ExhaustPipeSlide.jpg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing I think I may use my accessory for is to send this photo to Dacia Customer Services, saying : "This was all that came today, can you trace the rest of my Duster please?"

IMG_ChromeExhaust.jpg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Time for a new blues song to reflect on the missing duster ;) and the long long long long wait you guys are having.
Yep, working on it already NineCherries:
"Woke up this mornin', ma Duster still weren't there
cried out to my baby, Lord them Dacia people jus' don't care ..."

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A nice wee dram of a good Malt whisky might ease your pain a bit Stonebreaker. :D :D :D
billyblue.
Hi billyblue, good advice, 'cept my drinking days were over in 1986 ... However, may treat myself to a new guitar ... no, wait I can't afford that, it'll just have to be 'a nice cup of tea' :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
My daughter has just house and puppy sat for my sister, the puppy peed and pooped everywhere so I will buy them a Duster boot protector, fit wire mesh around it and they can keep the dog in that - just needs hosing out every day. No more smelly carpets!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yep, working on it already NineCherries:
"Woke up this mornin', ma Duster still weren't there
cried out to my baby, Lord them Dacia people jus' don't care ..."
Stonebreaker: have you decided on a (celebratory?) piece of music to play on the journey home when you finally get your Duster? (ie. MP3 or CD - I'm not suggesting the guitar and driving are a workable combination :huh: )

Reactions: StoneBreaker

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks skrich ... that's a great idea and I hadn't really thought about it - probably because I have hardly dared dwell on the possibility of actually owning my Duster (not just the chrome exhaust accessory and forum stickers but the whole thing) ... a bit like having a dream of driving my Duster, only to wake up and the dream bubble bursts. Anyway you've got me thinking about a delivery and driving home playlist and these are some Duster-related blues/rock songs that are featuring in my list so far:

Jumpin' At Shadows - Duster Bennet
Dust My Broom- Fleetwood Mac (yes, the original Peter Green Fleetwood Mac)
Dust Radio - Chris Whitley
Arrested for Drivin' While Blind - ZZ Top (Bass player is Dusty Hill, below)

DustyHill.jpeg

If we are shunned and alienated on the roads just for being Duster drivers I may feel like an 'Exile on Main Street' - cue the Stones and crank up the volume.
At the moment though 'til my Duster arrives I feel like I'm on a 'Road To Nowhere' (Talking Heads)

Reactions: skrich and Micknand
1 - 11 of 11 Posts