UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Finally got around to changing the oil. Would like to meet the designer who thought it was a good idea to place the anti-roll bar just below the replaceable filter element cartridge!! For those that are planning this, you need a 65mm 14 flute oil filter removal tool, however trying to get a socket or spanner on this is pretty much impossible with the anti-roll bar in place, so you need to remove the two bolts on the drivers side holding the anti-roll bar down which allows enough movement to get at the filter cartridge. Its a bit of a PIA!!

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts
Finally got around to changing the oil. Would like to meet the designer who thought it was a good idea to place the anti-roll bar just below the replaceable filter element cartridge!! For those that are planning this, you need a 65mm 14 flute oil filter removal tool, however trying to get a socket or spanner on this is pretty much impossible with the anti-roll bar in place, so you need to remove the two bolts on the drivers side holding the anti-roll bar down which allows enough movement to get at the filter cartridge. Its a bit of a PIA!!
Have a look here, it's only done by removing the anti-roll bar I'm afraid !
ohmy.png

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had my 1.3 tce serviced at 12k and all they did was change the pollen filter. This means that my Duster will have done 24k before it has it's first oil change?? This seems incredible but won't be my problem as only keeping it for 3 years

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
if you have a VAT registered independant garage you like to use for car maintenance, you are allowed to use them instead of the Renault or Dacia dealerships, so be brave and look for cheaper deals often in garages that will let you walk under the car on the ramps and inspect the cars underside and maybe they will even make you a coffee whilst your there. I asked the Renault dealership if I could use my VAT registered friendly garage for maintenance during the warranty period and they said yes, if any major warranty work is required it has to go back to the Renault dealership. I have the Duster booked in at my garage for a full safety inspection within 30 days of picking it up and they will provide a report should they find any problems , consumer rights say that you must address any issues within 30 days , Im just playing it safe thats all. well worth a few quid charge of anyone's money. so far im not very impressed with the Renault Garage they never phone back when they say they will and I always seem to be chasing them up, so Im leaving nothing to chance.

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
For Elf Evolution Fulltech FE 5w-30 High Performance Engine Oil which I use, Elf state and I quote from their specification. "contributes to the increase of the intervals between the drains. The interval can rise up to 30000 km," which is 18000 miles. The main word in that quote is "can", I no longer do the mileage, (6000 - 8000 miles) so I change the oil once a year when the service and MOT are done, even then I have had the oil change / service warning come up and changed it prior to the MOT. Out of interest I would ring up another dealer and see what they say.

This seems to answer the question when looking at the Nissan Qashqai 1.5 with the K9K engine https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/za/Maintenance/Split/Qashqai/Qashqai_1.5D.pdf
why would the cambelt interval be so different on the Qashqai, sandero and Duster when they basically share the same engine are Nissan being over cautious?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts