UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We intend to have a meet up on Sunday 9th June, 2PM at Silkwood Farm Pub, near Wakefield by the M1. Open to anybody from anywhere.

Pub does food and real ale http://www.silkwoodfarmpub.co.uk/index.htm

We might need to move venue slightly to get us all together for a photo shoot (if enough turn up of course).

So who is coming? Might be the largest gathering of UK Dacias yet! Be a shame to miss it!

So far we have......

Me (Duster)

Bigmally (Sandero)

Richard-Sandero-Ambience (I can't decide what he drives)

Who else?

Reactions: ycfc10

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
I'll try and make it ****, if I'm welcome that is , not being a duster owner ?

All I can bring is a yellow duster ! A white flag may be more fitting :)

It would be nice to scrutinise a collection of dusters, providing your all willing :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Unicoder, however I think we should for go the "inspection by Unicoder" offer as a general thing unless individual attenders request it.

Hope you understand, I would prefer folk felt free to attend without the need to spruce up their vehicle for inspection.

It will be great to meet you.

The line up now is...

Me (Duster 4x4)

Bigmally (Sandero)

Richard-Sandero -Ambiance (Sandero)

Unicoder (BMW or Suzuki)

Reactions: Unicoder

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi ****
I think that you have done a stirling job arranging the 1st meet. As to whether or not we'll be able to attend is partially dependent upon the British, no my Duster does not leak, but have a prior engagement with Yorkshire Cricket over in Scarborough.

You initially said that trying to arrange date, time, venue, etc that would satisfy all is neigh on impossible, and of course this meet will no doubt the first of many.

So it's in the lap of the rain gods as to where me and my duster will be that Sunday.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cliff the reason I sort of pushed it when it was mentioned is that we can never make it so that everyone will be able to get there. I'm hoping for good weather so in a weird sense I'm hoping you won't be there now ;-) If it's a good do then no doubt we will repeat it elsewhere.

GrahamR - I'll mark you absent in the register but you'll need a note from your Mum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
**** I fully understand what you are saying, and with a diary that we have this summer what with Cricket, eldest son getting wed, relations coming from Oz spending 2 weeks with us prior to them going on a grand tour of Europe. If we are unfortunate to miss this meet we will endeavour to attend the next or the one after etc.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ycfc10 good to hear it.....I was having visions of my Duster surrounded by Sanderos, looking like I'd turned up at the wrong event but muscled in anyway ;-) But now we have 2 Dusters, both in Caspian Blue!

The line up now is...

Me (Duster 4x4)
Bigmally (Sandero)
Unicoder (BMW or Suzuki)
Ycfc10 (Duster 2WD)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Ycfc10 good to hear it.....I was having visions of my Duster surrounded by Sanderos, looking like I'd turned up at the wrong event but muscled in anyway ;-) But now we have 2 Dusters, both in Caspian Blue!

The line up now is...

Me (Duster 4x4)
Bigmally (Sandero)
Unicoder (BMW or Suzuki)
Ycfc10 (Duster 2WD)

Count me in dependant on the Wifes Shift's but should be OK.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So we have......

Me (Duster 4x4)
Bigmally (Sandero)
Unicoder (BMW or Suzuki)
Ycfc10 (Duster)
Dougal1957 (Sandero)

Looking good!

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Mrs Micknand will be there, are you coming too Juju?

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
I was thinking about it as a day trip for the family, but I won't have my car by then, so it'll be the Ford that comes along :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry i won't be able to make it,just checked my shift plan, working that Sunday.

I should point out too that Silkwood gets Very busy on a Sunday with the carvery.

Have heard they have done over a thousand throughout the day.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great Juju

So now we have

Me (Duster 4x4)
Bigmally (Sandero)
Unicoder (BMW or Suzuki)
Ycfc10 (Duster)
Dougal1957 (Sandero)
Juju Beanz (Ford sommat)

;-)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paul real shame you can't make it.

Is there anywhere else in the locality you can suggest for the meet? What about the Yorkshire Sculpture Park? No beer etc but we could take sandwiches if the weather is good?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just checked, there is a charge to park at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park but loads of room for the kids to tire themselves out in and there's a restaurant on site. What do you think about moving the meet up location?

http://www.ysp.co.uk/page/visit-ysp/tc

1 - 20 of 268 Posts