UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi newbie here,just been down to look at our duster for the first time after waiting since February and cant help but notice the doors look a different shade to the wings. has anybody else noticed this? its a 4x2 access model

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I was looking at a white 4x2 in the showroom today, it seems to be all one shade to me, just a hint of cream in the white but that may have been the lighting.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If they are different shades that sounds fishy because they shouldn't. Replaced wings for an unknown reason? That of course if it wasn't an illusion caused by the light.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Possibly the doors were painted separately from the rest on a different day using a different batch of paint?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
is that deffo mate? i was wondering if the doors wer painted in india and the wings in romania etc etc?
first welcome

90% of the car comes from romania cause hereis the main factory in ckd kit crates, body engine gearbox and many other bits and bobs as u say, (search the forum i explain this there are 4 main factory here at mioveni, arges county romania )

that exports supply to the factories and assembly line allover the world even africa and s america (brazil)

in india its the main rhd factory for duster the sandero logan etc lhd rhd are made in romania, they limited their investment cause they had those factories allready build thus keaping the final cost very low

again even if some of u didnt hear about dacia its our very own brand bought by renault 51% in 1999 but the dacia was established in 1966 and until 1999 they produced under licence renault 8=dacia 1100, renault 12=dacia 1300 and variation to the latter model

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
first welcome

90% of the car comes from romania cause hereis the main factory in ckd kit crates, body engine gearbox and many other bits and bobs as u say, (search the forum i explain this there are 4 main factory here at mioveni, arges county romania )
that exports supply to the factories and assembly line allover the world even africa and s america (brazil)

in india its the main rhd factory for duster the sandero logan etc lhd rhd are made in romania, they limited their investment cause they had those factories allready build thus keaping the final cost very low

again even if some of u didnt hear about dacia its our very own brand bought by renault 51% in 1999 but the dacia was established in 1966 and until 1999 they produced under licence renault 8=dacia 1100, renault 12=dacia 1300 and variation to the latter model
ok mate,thanks for your replies

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i said search cause i posted some videos there too about the painting process and i think the thread is called do u have a rusty dusty ;)
just been back down for another sneaky look and i reckon its just the way the front wings bulk out and the way the sun was shining on it,looked a lot better tonite, so as we say in this country i think this thread is 'much a do about nowt' ;-) but my peace of mind is assured and lookin forward to collection on friday!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
i understand ur question and agree with u for ur peace of mind

the only thing that could occur its 0.00001%, damage during transportation deliver etc, replacing the wing on arrival local repair painting etc and so on but then

will all need to get tickets to utopia cause nothing s perfect and impossible on our lives

they are not a bunch of cars made on vessels in international waters, like some of our readers/,,members,, suggested

·
Registered
602 Posts
Apparently there are "40 shades of white" any day someone leaves their job at the paint shop, and they have a whip round for them! ( to the accompanyment of music by "white stripes") B) .......ouch! :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts