1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone else noticed the brochure for the Sandero Ambiance model states there is glovebox light.

But actually there is no light or a light bulb holder in the glovebox. Raised it with the dealer who says the UK version doesn't have one!

Also the near side rear fog light is not wired up, even though there is a buld present in the light cluster.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also noticed the brochure says there are chrome surrounds on the Ambiance dials.

But my doesn't have any. Is this the same for other Ambiance models?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes, there should be chrome surrounds on the dials of the Ambiance model.

Also around the air vents and on the logo surround on the steering wheel. (according to the brochure)

The picture in the brochure confirms this.

However... I have found a photo doing a search that show what looks like an Ambiance model with no chrome surrounds around the dials. It is a RHD so assume it's a UK model.

There should also be a light in the glovebox and boot. If there isn't I would be taking the car back if it was mine. I would want what I paid for!

Here are two pics of Ambiance models to compare.

I think the Laureate has additional chrome around the whole of the centre console and a bit more on the steering wheel.

Can anyone with a Sandero Ambiance upload a pic of the dashboard?

I'm still waiting for my Sandero Ambiance, I hope it does have the chrome surrounds and lights where there should be!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
CFRjPkSh.jpg

(Pic from Autocar)

Is it just me or does the LHD model doesn't look like it has the chrome on the speed dials whilst brochure does?

Furthermore the radio looks very different from the brochure? It looked like from the brochure there are 2 slots to put things in. Seems to be replaced by some sort of screen/VDU?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would guess that LHD models (european) have different spec from UK models.

This does look like an Ambiance spec but the Media Nav could be an option available outside of UK.

Media Nav is only available on the Laureate in the UK for an extra £250

I know the Irish spec models come better specced than the UK but are more expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked up my Ambience last monday, no Chrome round the instrument dials and no glove box light thanks to this forum for the heads up - only went to check due to this and low and behold not installed, now complained to garage especailly due to the other woes I have had with my new car: http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/503-protection-pack-woes-beware/ refers

Have already been given new accessories to make up for the lack of alarm (price difference) and extras as goodwill now I find this is not as advertised....not as big of a drama as the alarm but you add them up it seems the UK side which puts on the extras to the base Access models to make them into Ambience/ Laure.. is messing up and the specifications advertised actually are not potentially available

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would guess that LHD models (european) have different spec from UK models.

This does look like an Ambiance spec but the Media Nav could be an option available outside of UK.

Media Nav is only available on the Laureate in the UK for an extra £250

I know the Irish spec models come better specced than the UK but are more expensive.
This is a good point. However the RHD model above also has some sort of VDU, albeit not as large as the LHD sample.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts