UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi could someone give me some advice on how to fix my radio display and dashboard back lights.

The radio display can be barely seen if its dark inside the car and the dashboard back lights dont come on at all.

But this morning all the lights were suddenly working for around 10 minutes before they stopped.

the dashboard lights work when I turn the front lights on

in the picture the radio is on and working fine just cant see the display unless you look really close
Car Plant Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Wood Tints and shades Heat Peach

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Car
Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Odometer Tachometer

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,821 Posts
If the radio problem is purely the display they do fail see this topic:

LCD stamdard radio screen replacement

The instrument panel backlights are as designed and much complained about, I take it you have recently got the car. Tthey can be turned on with ddt4all or similar unofficial software. Search the forum.

This is a good starting point:

Google Translate

There is an earlier hardware mod if you don't fancy using software and are happy to solder 2 diodes into your car's wiring. I have this mod on my car and will point you to the info on row to do it if you ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the radio problem is purely the display they do fail see this topic:

LCD stamdard radio screen replacement

The instrument panel backlights are as designed and much complained about, I take it you have recently got the car. Tthey can be turned on with ddt4all or similar unofficial software. Search the forum.

This is a good starting point:

Google Translate

There is an earlier hardware mod if you don't fancy using software and are happy to solder 2 diodes into your car's wiring. I have this mod on my car and will point you to the info on row to do it if you ask.
so my dashboard is not supposed to light up?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Only when you turn the side/parking lights or headlights on.

The logic is NOT DRLs = Instrument panel backlights on. They are Leds, the instrument panel is an electronic display.

UCH (body control module) pin 20 gets a logic high when the drls are off and over the canbus turns on the panel Leds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The logic is NOT DRLs = Instrument panel backlights on. They are Leds, the instrument panel is an electronic display.

UCH (body control module) pin 20 gets a logic high when the drls are off and over the canbus turns on the panel Leds.
thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

my radio seems to be lighting up regulary now but eventually fades
Amber Orange Automotive lighting Communication Device Heat

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It is a common fault with LCD displays. It is a failure of the material it is constructed from. It can not be repaired only replaced which is not too difficult. In the link I provided there is a howto video link. The part supplier I linked to ( they seem to have put the price up £3 since I purchased ) say they will fit it though they don't stipulate their charge for this service. Contact them and ask if you don't wish to attempt it yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a common fault with LCD displays. It is a failure of the material it is constructed from. It can not be repaired only replaced which is not too difficult. In the link I provided there is a howto video link. The part supplier I linked to ( they seem to have put the price up £3 since I purchased ) say they will fit it though they don't stipulate their charge for this service. Contact them and ask if you don't wish to attempt it yourself.

Is that the right part from your link in the other thread?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
That is the correct part but a few months ago, when I was repairing mine, they were refusing to ship to GB (Brexit ) but they may do now. Lower down I link to a UK supplier of the part who charge more but delivered in 2 days and offer the fitting service, you take your choice.

Maybe the price rise is due to me providing feedback that it fitted the Classic Radio as they now list it as for Dacia as well:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the correct part but a few months ago, when I was repairing mine, they were refusing to ship to GB (Brexit ) but they may do now. Lower down I link to a UK supplier of the part who charge more but delivered in 2 days and offer the fitting service, you take your choice.

Maybe the price rise is due to me providing feedback that it fitted the Classic Radio as they now list it as for Dacia as well:confused:
Do you think it could be a loose connection when it starts to heat up because screen is perfect every morning for a while
Car Vehicle audio Steering part Center console Vehicle

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I doubt it but you could try reseating the ribbon cable it uses a push fit connector and is not soldered, the howto video shows it. The screen itself is not serviceable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I doubt it but you could try reseating the ribbon cable it uses a push fit connector and is not soldered, the howto video shows it. The screen itself is not serviceable.
Is it possible to just replace the radio?
I would like one with a screen and maybe a reversing camera.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts