UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bought a new Duster in February. Zero km on the clock.
Bought a 4x4 2014 for €19,500.

Very impressed and love it so much.
Currently have done 12,500km and something bad has happened

2 weeks ago, I was driving on the motorway, when the red check engine light with "stop" came on. Along with the yellow light with the skid signs. (ESP?)

The car went into limp home mode. And was violently vibrating when going over 60km/h.

Brought it to the nearest Renault dealer, and they repaired it. They said that an electrical component was burnt out and replaced.

4 days later, (today) the same thing happened. It almost pulled the car off the road to the left with the vibrations. (Doing approx 110km/h) on the motorway.

It didn't go into limp home mode this time, but the warning lights stayed on.

The car randomly jumps and vibrates for a few seconds.

I got home, and turned off the engine, and when turned back on, no warning lights show up.

I'm worried, as I have a long drive home tomorrow, (150km) and I need my car for work.

Has anyone seen or heard of this issue before?
Ill be calling the garage and booking it in first thing Monday, but it's worrying as for a 7 month old car, this shouldn't be happening.

Any thoughts or input would be fantastic.

Regards,
A worried but happy Dacia owner.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hi all,

Bought a new Duster in February. Zero km on the clock.
Bought a 4x4 2014 for €19,500.

Very impressed and love it so much.
Currently have done 12,500km and something bad has happened

2 weeks ago, I was driving on the motorway, when the red check engine light with "stop" came on. Along with the yellow light with the skid signs. (ESP?)

The car went into limp home mode. And was violently vibrating when going over 60km/h.

Brought it to the nearest Renault dealer, and they repaired it. They said that an electrical component was burnt out and replaced.

4 days later, (today) the same thing happened. It almost pulled the car off the road to the left with the vibrations. (Doing approx 110km/h) on the motorway.

It didn't go into limp home mode this time, but the warning lights stayed on.

The car randomly jumps and vibrates for a few seconds.

I got home, and turned off the engine, and when turned back on, no warning lights show up.

I'm worried, as I have a long drive home tomorrow, (150km) and I need my car for work.

Has anyone seen or heard of this issue before?
Ill be calling the garage and booking it in first thing Monday, but it's worrying as for a 7 month old car, this shouldn't be happening.

Any thoughts or input would be fantastic.

Regards,
A worried but happy Dacia owner.
Every one they sell cant be faultless...

Just take it back to the dealer, Although the light have gone off the computer should have a record of the fault occurring.
Although they have replaced a blown part, they have obviously overlooked the problem that caused the part to blow that they have changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When it broke down for the first time, I called the AA, and he connected a device to the on board computer. He wasn't able to find an error code.
Same for the garage when I brought it in. They had to do a physical check of the entire car to find the part that was blown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So. I'm back again.

After a few quiet months, the issue has re-appeared.

Last time I was in the garage, they reset onboard computer and asked to return when it happens. (They still didn't know why it happens)

Yesterday, driving around 120km, it went into limp home mode again.
Pulled over, and took a picture of the dash display.

Lots of lights on the dash.
Called the AA. He came out, engine was struggling, he connected diagnostics tool and found no errors!

He told me to drive it home and bring it to the dealers.
So I'm sitting here now, and after turning it off over night, all the lights are off and it's driving ok... :(

5th time in the dealers within 12 months of buying it new.

I love my Duster, but I'm getting upset over this.

Also, over the winter, I've noticed that the 4WD doesn't turn on. Putting it to 2WD displays the light and leaving it on AUTO seems to work as expected.
But turning it to 4WD Lock doesn't do anything. No light on dash either.

They're going to check this out too.

Has anyone experienced any issues similar to the above?
Any help would be great

·
Registered
288 Posts
The problem with 4WD selection makes me wonder if it's a transmission fault that you've got that could be triggering the "stop" warning etc.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The problem with 4WD selection makes me wonder if it's a transmission fault that you've got that could be triggering the "stop" warning etc.
Royalmarine - I'm with AlasdairMac with this one being a transmission fault.
I assume that you got these:
Stop.JPG
and
ESP.JPG
The ABS-ESP controller is up front.
ABS-ESP.JPG
Have you driven off-road or in heavy rain lately? I am wondering if you haven't disconnected the electrical rear diff connector.

It wouldn't be something silly like a blown fuse, surely. Too bad you don't have an ELM327 Bluetooth and Torque Pro on Android to read the codes yourself. Anyway, try driving with the ESP off.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts