UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd1.jpg

The second-generation Dacia Duster has been photographed by spies in Europe.

Although it's covered all over in camouflage, the new Duster looks as though it will stick closely to the style established with the first-generation model, which made its debut back in 2010.

As is the current trend, the new SUV will feature an oversized badge up front - Dacia in some markets, Renault in others. As with the original Duster, the next-gen model will again have fairly flat sides that are punctuated by bulging wheel arches.

dd2.jpg

Not many facts are known about the new Duster, although rumours indicate that it will grow quite significantly, with some putting the number as high as 150mm.

The current Duster is 4315mm in length, and is available in both front- and all-wheel drive. Depending on the market, the Duster is available with petrol engines with up to 105kW of power, and diesel motors rated at up to 80kW/260Nm.

dd3.jpg

Prior reports suggested that the new Duster could be launched in either 2016 or 2017.

Justin Hocevar, managing director of Renault Australia, told Car Advice earlier this year that the Dacia brand could be introduced in Australia as early as 2017, with the next-generation Duster as one of its foundation models.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
..front half looks pretty much the same as Phases 1 & 2 - which I think is a good thing...

...is the longer and reprofiled back end maybe designed to accommodate a 3rd row of seats?...

Joe

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Looks to have lost a bit of weight off the hips though it's hard to be sure and the front wings have a sharper angle to them.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dac.jpg

I'm not sure its that different. Remember that the forum squashes photos unless you view full-size. These photos are at different angles too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...you might be right / an optical illusion / camouflage doing its job!...

·
Registered
279 Posts
From the back of the rear doors to the back of the car seems a bit more square, slightly longer.
Might be an illusion as said above but I think it will just be a slightly larger boot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks exactly the same as a current one; same profile, same side window shapes, same door shapes, I'm struggling to see what's different.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is still the current Duster, but it features the skid-plates and the taillights of the South American and Russian Renault Duster facelift models, headlights seem to be the same as the continental Ph2 models. The wheels are the same as seen on the new special edition "Urban Explorer" which will be introduced at the Frankfurt Motor Show next week. What puzzles me are the turn signals in the mirror housings. They can be found on the Russian Logans and Sanderos (etc.?) but not yet on the Duster.

Happy guessing ~ Daytona!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts