UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I bought a brand new 4x2 Duster just over two weeks ago. So far I'm loving it. I don't like the idea of just depending on an inflation kit so I decided to get a spare wheel and spare wheel carrier kit. The dealership here in Dublin from which I bought the car wanted to mug me for 520 euro to supply and fit a spare wheel + carrier so I decided to source the spare wheel and carrier kit online. I ordered the carrier kit form www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk. It arrived very quickly but without any installation instructions whatsoever! I contacted the company and they said that unfortunately the kit does not come with instructions and that Renault just supply the parts loose and provide no instructions.

www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk request that you send them your chasis number to make sure the parts you are ordering are compatible with your car. The carrier kit which they specified as being for my car, the one which I purchased, appears to be slightly different to the ones for 2010-2015 Dusters.It is not at all obvious to me how this carrier should be correctly fitted and I cannot find any instructions, videos etc online which would shed some light.

Has anyone out there successfully fitted one of these carriers to a 2016 Duster? If so, I would really appreciate some help.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
@Nessi Thanks Nessi. You're a life saver!
I will happily take the thanks for posting the link with the very detailed fitting instructions for you, but all credit of being the life saver! goes to the creator of the fitting guide @irishwhiskeychaser who I am sure will be happy that his time and effort that he put into creating his guide has helped you.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
As i dont have a jack or a wheel wrench what size is the wrench needed and is the clasp bolt same size as the wheel nut :unsure:
Hi

I would hazard a guess that both wheel nuts and clasp bolt will be the same size, it defeats the object if they are different!

I purchased on of these last week:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111231419839?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It gives a choice of four size nuts between the two sockets but may be a problem with the clasp nut in the Duster (may not be able to give full turns without hitting the tailgate slam panel. A socket extension would sort that though).

Richard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
thanks for the reply ,maybe a little late as i have acquired a full size spare tyre does the cage take a full size tyre or the space saver :unsure:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Ian, Did it take the full size tyre ok? I'm about to do the same and get a spare.
sorry for the late reply yes it fitted ,just found out the car jack needs to be the type with gap in the plate that fits to the axle as its at an angle ,no real jacking points on the duster :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my kit and spare wheel mounted today.

The annoying part was that the retaining screws on the mounting plate are now Torx Security style and so I had to go and buy yet another set of tools to undo them and refix. It seems the previous people had ordinary Torx. It took a bit of searching to find a set of the security ones, eventually found some in Homebase!

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry for the late reply yes it fitted ,just found out the car jack needs to be the type with gap in the plate that fits to the axle as its at an angle ,no real jacking points on the duster :(
Yes, the wheel merchant sent the wrong jack to me and the wrong size brace. Promised to send replacement ones this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts