UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2nd service is due at the end of the month, anyone got an idea of the price and what's checked/done? I'm not sure I want Arnold Clark to do mine, I'd prefer a local garage I know to do it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I don't know what's involved with the second service, but it shouldn't be a major one!

You can use any local garage to service your car, as long as they're vat registered and they use genuine parts.

Your warranty will still be valid, despite what the dealer might tell you!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Second one is a major service' it usually follows as intermediate (first service) which is basically just a oil change followed by a full of major service where they change the air filter plugs etc' a decent independent garage will charge between £150- £200..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Second one is a major service' it usually follows as intermediate (first service) which is basically just a oil change followed by a full of major service where they change the air filter plugs etc' a decent independent garage will charge between £150- £200..
Can't change the plugs on a diesel though!...not that much to "service" really

Most services are just oil and filter changes with inspections of the brakes etc.

The bigger services come when discs and pads and coolant and fluids and cam belts etc. need replacement at higher mileages/age.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Any VAT registered garage can do your service for you, Just insist they use genuine Dacia parts and it does not affect your warranty... just get the garage to specify the parts used in your service book.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My 2nd service is due at the end of the month, anyone got an idea of the price and what's checked/done? I'm not sure I want Arnold Clark to do mine, I'd prefer a local garage I know to do it.
Make sure they record the rust inspection, should be every 2 years at least in the Dusters case every year..

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Glow plugs are a serviceable item' like everything else if you use them they will wear out. A decent diesel grease monkey will at least inspect/clean them for optimum starting.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Glow plugs are a serviceable item' like everything else if you use them they will wear out. A decent diesel grease monkey will at least inspect/clean them for optimum starting.
On all the diesels I have had, after the first service they all had the Glow plugs changed at every service (always asked). My Fiat Tipo i had in the 1990's had to be serviced every 4500 miles (all fall me, that was the only question I never asked) and the glow plugs were changed after every service and never failed to start.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Tipo diesel was an amazing car for the time, handling was incredible for a hatchback.
Relatives of mine had one on an M-plate. I never had the opportunity to drive it, but they spoke highly of it.

I did have a Tempra around the same time, which I remember fondly. It wasn't without its electrical gremlins ("a Fiat with electrical issues? Surely not..." I hear you say) but it was a great drive.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tempra DGT SX, digital dash in Blue Lord. Loved that car. Only car I ever wished lasted a bit longer. So comfortable.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Tempra DGT SX, digital dash in Blue Lord. Loved that car. Only car I ever wished lasted a bit longer. So comfortable.
1.6, 1.8i or 2.0i? Can't remember if the 'DGT' designation had been dropped by the time the 2.0 was added.

Mine was a red 1.6. Have a photo somewhere.

·
Registered
641 Posts
1.6, the best engine of the lot. Can't beat a FIAT twincam, unless its the Strada 130TC Abarth which was a firebreathing monster GTi killer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
1.6, the best engine of the lot. Can't beat a FIAT twincam, unless its the Strada 130TC Abarth which was a firebreathing monster GTi killer.
Aye. Just a shame the bodies had a propensity to fall apart around them... :unsure: Even the galvanising experiment wasn't totally successful. Tipos tended to fare better than Tempras in that regard.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here is the service schedule for the 1.5 diesel Duster.
scan0001_zpsb85177e1.jpg

Reactions: Troute
1 - 20 of 38 Posts