UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you Sandero and Logan owners think about the possibility, if Dacia do it, of the 1.2 litre engine being replaced with the new 1.0 litre SCe engine from the new Renault Twingo?

I know it is slightly down on power and torque compared to the 1.2 litre engine, but would the lighter weight, lower fuel consumption and lower emissions / road tax make up for that?

Obviously the newer engine would be an excuse for a small price increase too, but I'm sure that extra would fairly quickly be made back on lower fuel and tax bills.

I was thinking that this could possibly be a move Dacia may make to give the Sandero / Logan a mid-life boost to keep up car buyers interest when the time comes.

What do you think?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the 1.2 offers the budget price tag of the car in first place. And also the reliability of tbe 1.2 is proven tried and tested.

Then there are those that just dont want less than 4 cylinders.
The 1.0 will be more expensive to buy/build so tbe £5,995 access will no longer be sub 6k

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 1.2 offers the budget price tag of the car in first place. And also the reliability of tbe 1.2 is proven tried and tested.

Then there are those that just dont want less than 4 cylinders.
The 1.0 will be more expensive to buy/build so tbe £5,995 access will no longer be sub 6k
How about keeping the 1.2 for the Access, and having a 1.0 Ambiance and Laureate?

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is all very well reducing the car body weight and so justifying a smaller engines.
But the same can't be said about the drivers and passengers (they appear to be getting heavier)!!

So we need the 1.2 just to for this!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
What do you Sandero and Logan owners think about the possibility, if Dacia do it, of the 1.2 litre engine being replaced with the new 1.0 litre SCe engine from the new Renault Twingo?

I know it is slightly down on power and torque compared to the 1.2 litre engine, but would the lighter weight, lower fuel consumption and lower emissions / road tax make up for that?

Obviously the newer engine would be an excuse for a small price increase too, but I'm sure that extra would fairly quickly be made back on lower fuel and tax bills.

I was thinking that this could possibly be a move Dacia may make to give the Sandero / Logan a mid-life boost to keep up car buyers interest when the time comes.

What do you think?
If its down on power and the weight of the Sandero stays the same then correct me if I'm wrong but you'll find it will burn more fuel. Also think theres a bit of the emperor's new clothes to these new engines. The Fiat twin air and Fords eco boost never deliver the promised mpg. Plus the currant 0.9 is £800 extra so if you keep your motor for only a year or two do you really save?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think 70 HP would be enough, my last car was a 1.0 68hp and it was regularly filled to the roofline.
I myself am fairly heavy(17 stone) and I often took 2-3 work lads (also some fairly large) on 190 mile round trips for work courses with no problems and it pulled strongly enough to not be a liability.
On the other hand why mess with something that's not broken, the 1.2 isn't a bad engine at all in fact it would probably draw drivers of the old Clio in for more.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts