UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why?

It`s getting worse is there anything I can do?

Mind you was speeding a little but, surely it should be better with this popular engine in, they advertise the Qashqai at 74mpg, My Megane sports tourers both gave me 68mpg every day.

She may have to go,................ might as well get a 3 litre F type Jaguar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow that doesn`t seem right to me. Why is this with the same engine I really am wanting to find out.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Westy, my jtd got worse and I replaced the MAF and then cleaned the EGR and it went back up to normal mpg levels. Obviously not a Renault diesel but I do think modern deisels come with hidden costs...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 4x4 Laureate and since having the thermostat changed to a higher temp one, mpg has increased and now get approx 45mpg. Have had just over 49 when keeping speed to max of 60.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Advertised mpg figure are only for comparing cars and do not in any way represent real world driving!

Just because 2 different cars use the same engine doesn't mean they will return the same mpg, the engine could be mapped differently, the weight of the vehicle will be different, the air drag of the vehicle will be different, wheels & tyres will be different so rolling resistance will be different and thats just to begin with.

Even 2 cars of the same model by the same manufacturer driven by the same person in the same way may not even match on mpg!

I've always gone with the general rule of thumb that whatever the manufacturer combined mpg is, assume you'll get 80% of that in real world, anything above that is a bonus and a good show of economical driving.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sure but in this case its declining and ambient temperature is up. There is a reason be it mechanical, wear or heavier foot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@MrFibble.

I have done 5000 miles in it now and it`s up to 15000 on the clock so I will take it to my own garage and see what he has to say He`s a Renault trained man, I am going to ask about remapping see what he says, it`s not right, it should run more economically I think. I know tyres and things make a difference but mine is quite poor and it`s been like juddering a little when holding my foot steady. Might be something wrong?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kept to under 50 mph today fuel consumption back up to 55.3 MPG.

I think the smaller tank needing filling more often contributes to making it feel worse on fuel too. I had the fuel light on for the first time today and only got £53 quid in, I could see the fuel in the pipe, full.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
my old one did exactly the same 42.7mpg combined urban and motorway. if I zeroed the mpg before getting on the motorway, driving at 60mph, I was averaging 54.3mpg ????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts