UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to be revealed at the Geneva Motorshow on the 5th March, will be Dacia's 4th UK model! Caught me by surprise to be honest. Anyone know what it will be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmm. Is there a link for that news? If true, it needs to be a right-hand drive version and that means it will be assembled at the Chennai factory in India or at Mioveni in Romania. Chennai only assembles Dusters. Mioveni assembles Sanderos and is probably capable of assembling RHD Logan, the 2013 version since it's similar to the Sandero. So let's do an analysis for every model.

Logan - Mioveni probably can do RHD version easily, but Logan 2013 is a recently launched model. Why would they reveal it at the Geneva Motor Show?

Duster - There is a very strong possibility that Dacia will reveal a Duster facelift model at the Geneva Motor Show. Some Dusters with systems from the new Dacia models have been photographed in Romania at the end of January. They were testing things like cruise control and the ECO mode available on the Sandero. No information about body changes yet though. Also, the Duster was launched at the Geneva Motor Show in 2010 so it would make sense to reveal the facelift version there too. Duster is sold in the UK so the facelift version will probably be too at some point. However, it is a bit weird to introduce a facelift version into a market so soon after the original model was launched.

Lodgy - This is Dacia's 7-seat MPV model that was also launched last year at the Geneva Motor Show. It is assembled at the factory in Tangier, Morroco, and in the Philippines (where it's sold as Nissan Lodgy). I believe none of these factories assemble RHD models. But, what would they reveal about Lodgy at the Geneva Motor Show? I believe it's too soon for a facelift. That said, there are some indications that Lodgy will be launched in India in 2014 and if it is, it will probably arrive in the UK soon after.

Dokker (and Dokker Van) - Is a smaller, 5-seat MPV, slightly newer than the Lodgy. I think the Dokker is based on the same platform as the Sandero, while Lodgy on the same platform as the Duster. Unlike Lodgy, Dokker has sliding rear doors, is easier to maneuver in tight spaces, and has the Van model. I think it would make sense to bring this to the UK as it would be a good fleet car for deliveries and such. However, the Dokker is only assembled in Tangier, Morroco, so no RHD version yet.

There are rumors that Dacia might be launching two new models this year: a pick-up version based on the Dokker, to replace the Logan Pick-up discontinued in 2012, and an estate version of the Logan. I doubt those will be presented at the Geneva Motor Show. There would have been rumors in Romania and even pictures taken during the secret test drives as it happened with the other models.

By the way, I'm Romanian, not living in the UK, so sorry for any grammar mistakes, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Olleks - I read it in a Dacia press release last night. It was more of informal update of the business for journalists rather than a customer facing update, but here's the section that mentions it:

To give you a little reminder product-wise, right-hand-drive Sanderos and Dusters have already taken pride of place in Retailers across the UK. And, there's a healthy order bank of 4,000 cars already. Pretty impressive considering test drives only started just last month. The Sandero Stepway arrives in May, but is already available to pre-order. Rounding off the initial UK range (no doubt much to the relief of the rest of the car industry), our fourth contender'll be in showrooms soon too. If you're heading out to Switzerland to stock up on Toblerones, and hopefully to pore over the new Renault Captur crossover, you could do worse than drop by our stand on the morning of 5 March in Geneva.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Possibly the Lodgy ... I think the Logan is the Saloon version of the Sandero and believe it or not is cheaper in most European countries. The Lodgy is their MPV style car. Then there is the Dokker which basically is a converted Caddy style van.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I'd gamble on the lodgy too, going by that wee vid I found it seems to suggest multiple rows of seats, Mpv stylee with the option of making the boot space tiny or huge at the gain or expense of seating.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I bet it on the MCV (estate) version of the Logan. In France, Italy and Netherland the Logan MCV had huge sales and people where disappointed when Dacia said that the 2013 model won't have the MCV version, a possibility to renew their trusty MCV with a newer and modern one. Maybe Dacia understood that they will loose a lot of clients and now decided to reinstall the MCV.

EDIT: Just found some info that confirms my hunch: http://www.just-auto.com/news/dacia-logan-mcv-world-premiere-at-geneva_id132044.aspx
EXCLUSIVE: Dacia Logan MCV world premiere at Geneva

By Glenn Brooks | 27 February 2013

A spokesperson for Renault has told just-auto that the second generation Dacia Logan wagon will have its world premiere at next week's Geneva motor show.
The current Logan MCV is a seven-seater that has two van-style vertical rear doors and a longer wheelbase than the first generation Logan sedan. It is also sold as a light commercial. AvtoVAZ builds a further variant, the Lada Largus. The new Dacia Logan MCV will have just five seats so as not to steal sales from the Lodgy minivan.
Renault UK, which does not sell the Logan, has confirmed to j-a that it will offer the new MCV.
Author: Glenn Brooks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are the original sources for those two photos:
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/dacia-duster-facelift-3726297.html <-- this is a artist rendering of what it might look like
http://www.automobile-magazine.fr/actualites/scoops/dacia/dacia_logan_break <-- not sure if this is a rendering or not

Duster facelift will most likely not be available immediately in the UK. While Dacia's main factory in Romania might be ready to produce LHD Duster facelift, I doubt the RHD factory in India is.

So the 4th model for the UK will most likely be the new Logan estate (station wagon, break, or whatever you want to call it). With this launch Dacia's range will be:

Saloon/Sedan: Logan II
Hatchback: Sandero II
Estate: <something to be determined> based on Logan II
MiniMPV/LAV + Van: Dokker
MPV (7-seater): Lodgy
SUV: Duster + facelift

·
Registered
431 Posts
The Duster has been called a cross over type SUV ... so now we're getting a Duster Wagon which by Dacia definition is a cross over. Does that mean it's a Crossover Crossover

It actually looks slightly more imposing but not sure if I like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts