Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Out of interest, could I ask what alloys and tyres you have fitted as I intend to do the same only keeping my steels for the winter?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Vince - If I'm the successful bidder may I ask how long you'd be willing to keep them until I can get down to collect them please as I'm in Glasgow?

Thanks, WB. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks Vince - that's very helpful of you. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like the wheels a lot. Not sure I'd go Nankang over Continental. How is the ride quality and steering feel affected going 3 profile sizes lower and one size wider?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like the wheels a lot. Not sure I'd go Nankang over Continental. How is the ride quality and steering feel affected going 3 profile sizes lower and one size wider?
Lighter steering which is an improvement, slightly firmer ride. Looks infinitely better...those 16" wheels just looked out of place to me.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I may get some for my off road trips, I find the boulders a bind to climb over/around ... lighter steering would be a bonus :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
You are just down the road from my dad (coalville), but unfortunately I live in Southampton and don't get up there very often, else I'd bite your arm off.

Not sure if having 9 wheels would be a bit extravagant though!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Shame that you are a bit far away, are there three more peeps down south want to buy a wheel each for a spare. I'd buy Karls Cradle Kit then!

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like you're getting a good response Vince - sadly (for me, not for you) its probably going to continue on up and I think for me to achieve the winning bid + my shipping costs will make them too expensive for me.

May I thank you for your patience in answering my questions about shipping, etc - and if you're ever up in Glasgow I'll treat you to a Weegie curry. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like you're getting a good response Vince - sadly (for me, not for you) its probably going to continue on up and I think for me to achieve the winning bid + my shipping costs will make them too expensive for me.

May I thank you for your patience in answering my questions about shipping, etc - and if you're ever up in Glasgow I'll treat you to a Weegie curry. ;)
No worries WB, thanks for the interest, and a very generous offer...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Loved that 'seconds to go' winning bid - ebaying at its most competitive. B)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Did you win it bob?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you win it bob?
'Fraid not bud - with shipping costs of £60 on top of the winning bid it became too expensive for me.

You better get locking wheel nuts on your Duster troute because there's a Weegie on the prowl looking for multi-storey car park parts now! :ph34r:

(True story - a guy I knew in the early 70's who would drive into multi-storey car parks in Glasgow and relieve owner's cars of the parts he was looking for! The first time he mentioned this to me was when he was heading down to his 'Mitchell Street Car Park Parts Department'!)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Mine gets electrified when it's oarked up :D

I asked about the winner because I checked his history and he seems to be a Duster owner, has bought a couple of duster bits.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts