UK Dacia Forum banner

4x2 Tyre inflator gizmo

4K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  ycfc10 
#1 ·
Thanks to Karl, a local tyre boutique and 30 minutes of my time I now have a proper spare wheel kit fitted on my Ambiance.

That leaves the tyre inflator repair gizmo. Will it do just to blow the tyres up if they need a puff, or is it dedicated to 'repair' (or beyond repair according to the tyre place as they wont fix a tyre once this device has been used).

If so I'll chuck it under the seat, if not I'll put it in the cupboard

#2 ·
l find it strange that dacia don't offer a spare wheel on 4.2's at point of purchase,an easy fit at any stage and it seems that people are just ordering them after the event anyway and probably at greater cost.

as to the redundent kit we're left with,what does it say on the side of mugs'old tyre kits never die they just fell deflated!'

#3 ·
l find it strange that dacia don't offer a spare wheel on 4.2's at point of purchase,an easy fit at any stage and it seems that people are just ordering them after the event anyway and probably at greater cost.

as to the redundent kit we're left with,what does it say on the side of mugs'old tyre kits never die they just fell deflated!'
dacia is offering a spare but as an extra if u want one u buy it if u dont u wont its that simple

#5 ·
antavi, I think mervyn means Dacia should offer it as part of a pack or on it's own when you order your car.
im getting that vibe too

if this is the case mervyn ure in for a bit of a surprise other makers dont offer a spare either

ive explain this on other threads

so with the progress in tyre technology nowadays u can run on flat up to 30miles/h for a distance at least 30 miles, the kit helps u even more with the distance untill u arrived at a tyre repair shop

on 4x4 u get the spare cause going off road increases the risck of getting a puncture

and for those who dont know what offroading is is not going on non asphalt roads is hard off road forest trailblazing ravines hard stuff

#6 ·
What they dont point out is that if you use the tyre inflation kit, when you drive you maximum 200 miles at 50mph or whatever it is to the tyre shop, they will likely refuse to repair it and only sell you a new one.

With a spare you can exchange the wheel at the roadside and then get the tyre repaired, or even plug it yourself

#7 ·
having had several new cars l understand that spare tyres are or are'nt offered as an optionn[inflator kits seem to be the cost saving option now]but 4.2 dusters are fundementally different in that they need a cradle and associated bits to be able to fit the spare in the first place not just a void in the boot.

#8 ·
What they dont point out is that if you use the tyre inflation kit, when you drive you maximum 200 miles at 50mph or whatever it is to the tyre shop, they will likely refuse to repair it and only sell you a new one.

With a spare you can exchange the wheel at the roadside and then get the tyre repaired, or even plug it yourself
thats the repair shop scheme a haggle

the dacia manifest is that it gives u what is basic it doesnt force it upon u

contact karl on the forum he ll give u a kit maybe on offer being a member here and u can by a used spare resulting in small bargaing that dacia will go for the kit and the new spare

i see that for a bit of a smarter choice the buy the missu flowers and a new pair of shoes :D

#9 ·
having had several new cars l understand that spare tyres are or are'nt offered as an optionn[inflator kits seem to be the cost saving option now]but 4.2 dusters are fundementally different in that they need a cradle and associated bits to be able to fit the spare in the first place not just a void in the boot.
the void isnt in the boot its under the car in 4x2

#10 ·
If I'm driving in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday evening I want a proper spare tyre on board, I think we're all agreed that the inflation kit is a last resort and I'll carry it along with the spare just in case. Mind you, if Dacia did offer the tyre as a pack I would probably try to source it elsewhere for less.

Reactions: antavi
#11 ·
If I'm driving in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday evening I want a proper spare tyre on board, I think we're all agreed that the inflation kit is a last resort and I'll carry it along with the spare just in case. Mind you, if Dacia did offer the tyre as a pack I would probably try to source it elsewhere for less.
spot on

u ve done the maths like always troute :D :D

#13 ·
I had a puncture on a dual carriageway once in a car with gunge and pump instead of a spare, by the I had decided that it was a flat rather than a dreadful road surface the gunge wasn't to fix anything! it was either wait up to an hour for a rescue or drive slowly with hazards to a tyre fitter I knew who was about a mile away..... I took the latter as tyre was definitely K.O'd

#22 ·
My dealer is supplying Cradle, fixings, steel wheel and tyre for £217, eBay jack and wheel nut spanner = £25 so £242 all in for me. Living where I do delivery costs for heavy items like wheels are sky high so I think I'm doing ok there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.