UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case it affects others, the forum automatically subscribes you to threads you post in with email notification set to on. I found out just now when I checked my forum email account and found over 500 emails! :eek: `

You can stop this in your profile/notification settings, tbh that really should be an opt-in rather than an opt-out setting.

·
Registered
535 Posts
In case it affects others, the forum automatically subscribes you to threads you post in with email notification set to on. I found out just now when I checked my forum email account and found over 500 emails! :eek: `

You can stop this in your profile/notification settings, tbh that really should be an opt-in rather than an opt-out setting.
I've noticed this early (a few days after registering) because my inbox was full also. :lol: But it's a good advice for those who don't know how to deactivate this.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
At the bottom of each email sent is also a link to unsubscribe :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much use if you don't check the account until you have hundreds of them :)

All sorted and all deleted now, settings changed to stop further mail notifications.

·
Registered
118 Posts

...but I've never felt so popular!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think you'll find you'll still get email notifications for the messages you did before unsubscribing. I still do unless anyone knows how to stop that as well.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turn off notifications as I described above Denis, I've not had any emails since I did that.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I think you'll find you'll still get email notifications for the messages you did before unsubscribing. I still do unless anyone knows how to stop that as well.
You shouldn't do. Can you double check next time you get an email? Make a note of the topic before you unsubscribe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nick,
1 arrived this morning from a previously subscribed topic. Screen grab attached. Changes already made in my preferences.
Untitled_zps9c67d3ce.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts