UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first enquiry with Dacia garage was to ask about the availability of a ex demo car with an attractive discount.
He came up with the availability of a new Sandero Access which he said had been bought for the courtesy car fleet but not used. The on the road cost was £8995. He brought car round and I was hooked. I was double hooked when my wife could not fault it except when she said that the car had been bumped . She however understood when we explained that the area she said was bumped was in fact part of the bodywork shape.

I still like the shape . The stylist did a good job.

The big black bumpers are probably an area of personal taste . I accepted them because of their obvious high practical appeal. They recently proved their value in a back end crash with a Audi A5 . My big black bumper was just marked. The Audi needed a new bumper and bits and pieces . I could not believe his claim.

The interior size is very good .plenty of passenger space. and a very good boot space especially when the seats are folded down for carrying large items - I use this space for carrying countless large bags of garden waste to our recycling center.

The engine. The critics all criticise the Access SCe65 as as beeing under powered and advise against choosing a car with this engine. YES THE ACCELERATION STATS SHOW THE HOLY GRAIL OF ACCELERATION O to 60 DOES SHOW THE ENGINE UNFAVOURABLY.
BUT IT DOES NOT FEEL SLOW . It is responsive , pulls well , and feels larger than its 998 cc. It does not deserve the critics view. It is also has economical good fuel consumption.

The finish and corrosion resistance. All the parts fit together very well when checked with gaps around door and boot lid . Dacia cars have a good record of rust resistance and there is no evidence to doubt any speculation their standard has been dropped.

Cabin Comfort . excellent shaped seats even in the warmest weather the seats they do still retain their comfort.

Adverse Comments yes I could have thought of some but look at the price that I paid for a brand new car with many of the latest features with a three year warranty and breakdown cover.

Ambvol

·
Registered
372 Posts
He is just excited! What does the old lady think of it now?

The best thing is the 'Breakdown Cover', which u have already utilized thrice. I think u mentioned once more, after the uneasy calm of 3 months.

But u got more than what u paid for & Dacia got more than they could have ever imagined!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please don't over excite yourself . I have promised that I won't make any more contributions to the forum they do seem to cause you to lose your temper.
I am sorry to have caused you so much concern.
I will however still watch other contributions and your very valued advice

Ambvol

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that escalated quickly and inexplicably .... 🤔
Royal431

"inexplicably" perhaps begs an answer. briefly.

my reply to dralexanderton was polite .

I think it was respectful to recognise his obvious value, because of his knowledge and experience, to the forum.
However I have no wish to become a vitriolic target for any of my postings however deserving they might seem to him.
The thought that ied ( not military) might be involved.
Life is too short especially for me.

Many thanks for your response and interest

Ambvol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dear Ambvol,
Don't misunderstand anything. I have always had a soft corner for u after u told us a bit of your circumstances.

If your car doesn't start or u have the ESP light write it as a continuation on the same thread of yours. Don't keep writing this story over and over on several other threads posted by others with different problems. It upsets the concentration & continuity. Many people join, post something & just disappear!

U continue on the forum as u need to socialize in your old age!

Cheer up & forgive me.

PS: No need to write a 'long capitalised bold' reply to this! Just be yourself & get on with life.

Quote: "Yesterday is a cancelled cheque, tomorrow is a promissory note, today is the only cash you have - so spend it wisely".

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Ambvol,
Don't misunderstand anything. I have always had a soft corner for u after u told us a bit of your circumstances.

If your car doesn't start or u have the ESP light write it as a continuation on the same thread of yours. Don't keep writing this story over and over on several other threads posted by others with different problems. It upsets the concentration & continuity. Many people join, post something & just disappear!

U continue on the forum as u need to socialize in your old age!

Cheer up & forgive me.

PS: No need to write a 'long capitalised bold' reply to this! Just be yourself & get on with life.

Quote: "Yesterday is a cancelled cheque, tomorrow is a promissory note, today is the only cash you have - so spend it wisely".

I nearly fell out of my rocking chair when I read the sympathetic response to my last correspondence.

Yes I must remember no more "bla bla "and will certainly need to review unnecessary RAC call out reports following breakdowns.Also forget old fashioned writing habits.

I must also remember not to use idioms like life is too short They can be misunderstood. I'm not really a geriatic.

Can't find a suitable response to the Kay Lyons quote but it can be useful and true.

Many thanks for your response

1 - 9 of 9 Posts