UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Logan fully loaded with 5 people, boot full, AC inverter plugged in. We reset the trip at the beginning of the day and drove to Portsmouth from north London, did some town driving whilst we were there and lots of town to get out of London.

The trip read 64.4MPG when we parked it in our garage this evening,

I was impressed as the trip usually sits at the 34MPG mark cos its all town and city driving in the Logan.

Also the combined figure is 57.7MPG and the extra urban cycle is 65.7MPG so the TCE90 engine is fairly good unless you're constantly stopping and starting in the city, which is why we normally manage mid 30s.

The Logan was leading the convoy on our family/friends day out with my dad at the wheel driving like... well, like a dad with a fully loaded estate car.

We also went past a black Logan MCV Laureate, was going to wave to him but he was on his phone :angry: .

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That's some good mpg... Maybe mine needs to be fitted with a more mature driver to increase my mpg, I just can't resist letting it zoom.
I've found in the morning Early hours my mpg plummets, yet on a night while queuing etc (20 min journey can take up to 2 hours) it seems to creep back up... Maybe it's because I'm always running late, and my driving is adjusted accordingly in the morning ;-)
I've also found that when the outside air is damp or its raining, it's alot more feisty.
The trip comp on mine goes either way when compared to at the pump calculations, although never matching it's been pretty close a few times.
Nonetheless happy zooming ????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's some good mpg... Maybe mine needs to be fitted with a more mature driver to increase my mpg, I just can't resist letting it zoom.
I've found in the morning Early hours my mpg plummets, yet on a night while queuing etc (20 min journey can take up to 2 hours) it seems to creep back up... Maybe it's because I'm always running late, and my driving is adjusted accordingly in the morning ;-)
I've also found that when the outside air is damp or its raining, it's alot more feisty.
The trip comp on mine goes either way when compared to at the pump calculations, although never matching it's been pretty close a few times.
Nonetheless happy zooming
In theory, turbo engines should produce more horsepower in the cold as the air is more dense, thus more oxygen molecules available. Humidity is a more debated factor though, some people think it helps with cooling others think dry conditions are more favourable.

Its all speculation without testing the specific engine in question but provides some interesting reading.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
In theory, turbo engines should produce more horsepower in the cold as the air is more dense, thus more oxygen molecules available. Humidity is a more debated factor though, some people think it helps with cooling others think dry conditions are more favourable.

Its all speculation without testing the specific engine in question but provides some interesting reading.
actually now you put it like that I do recall reading a poster in an old mcc auto centre in the late 90s about and early morning sprint around some track in a mitsubishi something or other, I know the ad was for tyres, but i do remember it mentioning the early morning cool air was better for the turbo...
All in all the tce is a pretty rev hungry engine, in my hands it's never going to get massive mpgs, I regularly let it go way over 4500 rpm, I also leave it in lower gears longer, and quite often, because it's fairly quiet, forget I'm in 4th gear at about 60 mph for some distance.
I think with careful forward thinking, you could get over 60mpg easily... Just depends if you have a cast iron will, unfortunately I don't.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Best mpg I've had was 72mpg out of the diesel, cruise control 65mph on the M11 and M25.

Ruined the average on the way back though, dipped right down to 62.8 mpg.

Oh, the misery of it ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Best mpg I've had was 72mpg out of the diesel, cruise control 65mph on the M11 and M25.

Ruined the average on the way back though, dipped right down to 62.8 mpg.

Oh, the misery of it ;)
my mpgs only going to get better and better... The wife has me on a diet :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts