UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had this completed on the Logan.

Happy as always with the service at the garage, but still find it hard to accept the cost (VAT inclusive) of £893.

One interesting point in favour of both the garage and Dacia / Renault is that I put the service on fixmycar.com, and no one would quote on it, although I know there are garages locally registered. I guess that means that the cost really is the cost. Interestingly, other services have been between £165 and £340ish, so I suppose it all levels itself out.

The service manager asked if I would buy another Dacia when this one is finished. An interesting question. It will have no residual value in another 14 months, as it will be at 140,000miles (will swap it before another service bill this large, and I do not think anything of the heater in the foot well, but nothing has gone wrong with it, it was cheap to buy and is remarkably economical, so moving more and more in that direction.

I wish they would import a van, or make a pick up for the UK, that would seal the deal I am sure.

The one thing that I can say with absolute certainty is that it has been everything and more than I expected, and has proved to be a fantastic buy. I read of some people on the forum who have had poor experiences, and that is really sad, and I feel for them, but based on what I have found, I can only recommend Dacia wholeheartedly (although I wish they would sort out the foot well heater!!).

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I think that it's timing belt & rollers, plus other things !! -;(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also air con recharge and other things. All bloody adds up!

I am happy that if I could site and work out the overall cost of ownership, would still be cheaper than alternatives by some distance.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm sticking to my plan. After 3 years it's back to my local man, with repairs, if any, paid for from my cost savings. Much more convenient, too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Not a taxi

Collected it new on October 29th 2013.

I drive much of the UK for work, and use it most of the time (also have a Nissan NV200 van to use as needed).

Still the cheapest car I have ever had I am sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts