UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little bit of balance.......

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my Duster, ordered 2 weeks ago even though I've been told delivery will be December - around 12 weeks lead time.

I'm pleased that production has been switched to Romania and even more pleased with the facelift modifications.

I've now seen 3 Dusters out on the open road and think they look a great car.

I understand and sympathise with those owners who are less than satisfied with their car. Its a shame that quite a few posts now have some reference to the rust issues, whether that is relevant to the subject of the Post or not.

The issue here is obviously with Dacia, but I have a similar gripe with my current car - a new Ford Fiesta with powershift auto.

The tale......

I purchased it new last year after a 16 week wait. Its a top-of-the-range Fiesta which cost me £18k.

After a few weeks I noticed a judder when in slow moving traffic and the car was in low gear. The fault got worse and was accompanied by a grinding noise.

Back to the Dealer.

First response - can't find anything wrong

2nd time - your tyres need inflating

3rd time - I grabbed the service manager and took him out with me "ahh yes, I see" Result: Software update to onboard computer

4th time - "Ford have announced a fix, bring it in" Result: grinding noise quietend down, juddering just as bad.

"That's unusual, as this has fixed other cars with this problem". "Leave it with us and we will contact Ford"

2 months later I phone "Nothing back from Ford, we will chase it up"

Another 2 months later "Sorry we haven't been chasing Ford, but we will now"

2 weeks ago "Bring it in and we will have to strip the clutch, send the part number to Ford, wait for their feedback"

Booked it in, but they couldn't fit me in untill 13th October!

I have since looked on the internet and found, surprise, surprise that this has been a known fault with Powershift gearboxes since 2011! Looking at some of the experiences on various Ford forum's people have been told exactly the same things as me, and Ford will not acknowledge that there is a fault with the double clutch despite widespread complaints here and in the U.S.

So I have decied to cut my losses and sell the car after just 18 months ownership and buy a Duster.

So what are my take-aways from this:

1. Dacia do not have the monopoly on upsetting some of their customers. However, unlike Ford, they have acknowledged that there is an issue with some of their vehicles and have taken steps to correct it.

2. When any manufacturer is mass producing any article, occasionally things go wrong

3. Am I annoyed that my car is not right? Yes, but you know what, I just count myself unlucky that I caught for a 'wrong 'un'. Life is like that sometimes, and sometimes stuff happens.

4. Am I going to stress myself over it, stamp my feet and cry foul? Could do.....but I wont.

5. Is there a car manufacturer anywhere that has a 100% satisfaction rate?

So bring on my Dacia, and I will join the ranks of proud Dacia owners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well said. I have had issues with a Nissan Micra when I bought it - boot locking problems and wouldn't turn over when hot.

The Ford ST170 I had had a IMRC fault and a heat shield rattle.

I had a Clio 182 - I didn't have any problems but many owners did with the bonnet.

It's not right but it is unfair to say that Dacia are alone in this or even to blame the fact they are cheaper to buy.

At least they are acknowledging the fact and hopefully doing something about it. Our Stepway is running well and I'm also thinking about a Logan as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope, but it seems to be insinuated that 'they' shouldn't have bought a comparatively 'cheap' Dacia because this has happened. The fact is you could have bought a model from any manufacturer and had a problem.
Like I said, it's not right from any manufacturer but to suggest or imply that problems are exclusive to Dacia is not really fair.

I hope that those who do have problems get them resolved quickly and to their satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I refer to one of my posts elsewhere, we have had issues with £35k E Class Mercs at work so the poster is correct, it isn't just a Dacia thing, I could go through every manufacturer and list faults with each, and in many cases the marque denied any issues

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I refer to one of my posts elsewhere, we have had issues with £35k E Class Mercs at work so the poster is correct, it isn't just a Dacia thing, I could go through every manufacturer and list faults with each, and in many cases the marque denied any issues
I know that lots of manufactures have the "stock" faults, but in this day and age, poor paint, rust and corrosion should just not be one of them, as after all, it's not intricate mechanics to prepare and spray a car properly, is it ?

Apart from that I understand that buyers of the Duster are more than happy with their purchase, so price has nothing to do with it.

All Dacia's are great value for money cars. I'm more than happy with my Romanian built Stepway !!

Just my two pence worth !! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts