UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, going to Sainsbury's as one tends to do when in need of groceries, I parked my new Stepway next to an equally new Range Rover Evoque. I have always said, if I had money to burn, I would buy myself a Range Rover and I secretly have to admit I like the look of the Evoque, but seeing the 2 cars park to each other, I must say I prefer the look of the Stepway, probably due to it's simplicity. It's not trying to be something it isn't. It's a chunky crossover and isn't trying to be sporty like the Evoque. Also, thinking somebody spent 4 times on that Evoque what I spent on my Stepway put a smirk on my face.

Yes, I know to an extent it may be comparing apples to oranges, but it still made me feel happy to have my Stepway :)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I know the feeling, I've always liked the Evoque and would love to have a white one with black alloys, but this is the real world so I have a white stepway with black trims! (And much lower running costs!)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Taken from Dave's blog in April.

You're not big and you're not clever

Popped into my local Dacia dealer today and the Evoque was parked up for sale. I can imagine the conversation while I was inside.....
Dave: Your not much bigger than me.
Evoque: Hmmm but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: How much do you cost to tax?
Evoque: £260 per annum, but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: Oh I cost £20. How much mpg do you do?
Evoque: 36 mpg, but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: Oh I do 78 mpg. How much do you cost?
Evoque: £36,000....but I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: Oh so someone could have three of me.
Evoque: But I'm a Range Rover.
Dave: But I have an owner and yours must have traded you in for something better.
Evoque: Humpf
Could have sworn Dave was chuckling as we left.

IMAG0673.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dave forgot to ask what the Evoque's insurance premiums were ;)

Reminds me a bit of the Topgear Ukraine special, where Captain slow tells Richards Hammond, who shows up in a upper range Fiesta when he belittles Captain slow's Sandero: 'I could loose mine, buy a new one and still have money to spare on what you paid for your Fiesta' or something down those lines...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts