UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 29th May heading for Newcastle and carrying a few hundred Dacias, I've not been able to find out the name of it but I reckon the trip is about 3 weeks so look out on about the 20th June for it Docking. :)

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
193 Posts
Funnily enough I spoke with the Danny (our salesman) at my local Renault and he said there is a large shipment of them on their way. Unfortunately he couldn't tell me until they arrived if one would match the spec we've ordered.

I'm guessing that potentially there could be quite a few orders satisfied as apparently there'll be 700 Dacia's coming in at once.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Alex 225 as we are both located in surrey would Danny be the guy at Renault Coulesdon. Which spec have yuo ordered?

·
Registered
198 Posts
On 29th May heading for Newcastle and carrying a few hundred Dacias, I've not been able to find out the name of it but I reckon the trip is about 3 weeks so look out on about the 20th June for it Docking. :)
I have been monitoring shipping in and out of Ennore for a while now. During late May several PCC s docked at Ennore to load cars and have since commenced a lap of Africa which has not been the conventional Duster route to the UK.
Normal route is Suez , Livorno , Barcelona and sometimes via Antwerp to Newcastle.

Other calls around the date you mention are.......

SWAN ACE ...due at Ennore 29/5 to load 3288 items and due Aqaba 10/6

GARNET LEADER .. due at Ennore 31/5 revised to 1/6 to load 2206 items. Forward dest at present unknown

NORTHERN HIGHWAY.....not due at Ennore until 15/6

Of course what is loaded and where they end up ???? I think Micras for Uk market are also loaded at Ennore.

Originally it was believed that there would be a monthly run from India to the UK. Don't know if this is now more frequent to meet demand.
Also recent trips have been accomplished quicker than the early shipments from Nov last year onwards.

Hope this helps those ( im ) patient souls who are still waiting.

Peter31

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my info from the link below, I'm assuming the ship has sailed but it may be loading on these dates (searched for Dacia Duster destined for Newcastle), the first 5 pages cover the 29th/28th May. So we know exactly what models and versions and how many of each but not what the ship is. The Port of Tyne website lists incoming ships up to about a week ahead so I'm keeping an eye on that. :)

http://www.tradalyzer.in/export-shipment-data/search=DACIA%20DUSTER/hs_code=/origin=/pod=/dest=Newcastle%20Upon%20Tyne/pol=/page=1/data.html

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
just looking through the lists......I wonder what..... "I/we hereby declare that I/we shall claim the benefits...." actually means??????

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got my info from the link below, I'm assuming the ship has sailed but it may be loading on these dates (searched for Dacia Duster destined for Newcastle), the first 5 pages cover the 29th/28th May. So we know exactly what models and versions and how many of each but not what the ship is. The Port of Tyne website lists incoming ships up to about a week ahead so I'm keeping an eye on that. :)

http://www.tradalyzer.in/export-shipment-data/search=DACIA DUSTER/hs_code=/origin=/pod=/dest=Newcastle Upon Tyne/pol=/page=1/data.html
When I posted the info about Tradalyzer on the preordered a Duster thread , on 30 th May , I had hoped to follow this up with info on the shipping or forwarding agents whose manifest may be more detailed . However have drawn a blank on this .Has anyone else had any luck in this area ?

Peter31

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it will be possible Peter, I have a friend who's a pilot for the Forth ports and he can't find out anything more than we can.

He says ships rarely book a slot more than a week ahead because there are so many things that can delay them and it's very expensive if they have to reschedule.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Alex 225 as we are both located in surrey would Danny be the guy at Renault Coulesdon. Which spec have yuo ordered?
Hello mate, Danny is the friendly chap with glasses, we bought our Twingos from him a few years back so he remembers us well. I usually bore him with my Renault nerdiness!

We've ordered a white Laureate, 4x4, DCI with ESC and the Adventurer pack. What about you?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've been told mine is currently on a boat.... so fingers crossed......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts