UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do others have the same problem? I have a classic I-pod device semi-permanently attached to the MediaNav set to play randomly. Contained on the device are some 15,000 or so tracks of my fairly eclectic mix of (mostly heavy) rock, pop, easy-listening, classical and jazz and these are interspersed with a few of my wife's favourites (that I don't like but can normally tolerate) to ensure that peace and tranquillity pervades during every shared car journey.

I am becoming driven to distraction by the first track for although the playlist is truly random, each new journey - indeed each time the ignition is switched 'off' and then 'on' again - begins with an Abba track (and sufficed to say, Abba are one of those "wife's favourite bands"). I have found myself on several occasions now humming subliminally "if you change your (effing) mind" or "money (flipping) money (flipping) money" before I even get into the car and "knowing me (knowing you)", I'm liable to lose the plot and break out in road rage.

I can rationalise that alphabetically Abba is unfortunately first band in the huge array of performers - what I struggle more with is the way in which the opening track could be any Abba track, not the first track by alphabetical order so the track is random but the artist is not. I've even taken to guessing the Abba track that will present itself before the ignition is first turned and am now genuinely worried that I'm craving ("gimme gimme gimme") "the name of the game" and take pleasure from humming the right song. It's wrong; it feels wrong and I feel dirty! "Does your mama know?" I ask myself.

Once or twice I thought the glitch had corrected itself, when I was greeted, not with "Fernando" but by ACDC's "Whole lotta Rosie" or "Razor's edge" but no sooner had this happy scenario presented itself than I was "Back in Black" with the "Dancing Queen"!

If I try the i-pod in the other car, I don't have this problem. Statistically, set to random, the likelihood of hearing one of the couple of dozen Abba tracks is very small and this I like. No really; "I do I do I do I do I do"

I hope this won't be my "Waterloo". "I have a dream" that one day this non-random glitch will shift to a little Led Zeppelin or Billie Holliday or Chopin or Frank Sinatra but "when all is said and done" I can always skip the first track or turn the darn thing off altogether!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Is it connected via bluetooth or cable? My iPod touch is connected by cable and the iPod is set to random, when disconnected it stays at the last track and continues, it maybe that I don't use the iPod elsewhere so it stays where it is.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
George says.....you should just say "thank you for the music" and enjoy the ecclectic mix that gets played :D :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would suggest two solutions:

1) You delete Abba from your iPod and keep the wife

Or

2) Delete both Abba and the wife

HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I've not responded earlier - I've been in The Marches with absolutely no reception for anything and nowhere to plug in a laptop.

Sidaorb,

I connect it via cable. When I do this in the other car it behaves just as you describe - it follows on from where it last played - but when I connect to the Duster it starts at Abba.

Clikfire,

Read the thread but doesn't help. Thanks anyway.

DusterKing

If I delete Abba, the wife will delete herself, so-to-speak. Now that's an interesting option, of course, but all that "Money Money Money" will be "Slipping Through My Fingers" and my wife as "The Winner, takes it all"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts