UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a dunk/dunk/dunk noise on my car which happens everytime I switch on and drive off.

Happens at about 4mph.

Renault/Dacia's technical diagnosis is that its the ABS self testing but not a problem and something that occurs on 4 x 4's with ESP.

Anyone else get a noise ?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Nope but mine's a 4x2 with ESC.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
If it's noise that sounds like someone's loosened your wheel nuts overnight just for the first time you pull away, then yes mine does it too. It's also a 4x4, with what at the time was, optional ESP. I would imagine that the system is the same still on the newer standard ESP though so the optional bit is probably irrelevant.

Decided not to do anything about it as the garage would more than likely fob me off with the "feature of the car" line - was just going to wait for something to fall off or seize up.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's noise that sounds like someone's loosened your wheel nuts overnight just for the first time you pull away, then yes mine does it too. It's also a 4x4, with what at the time was, optional ESP. I would imagine that the system is the same still on the newer standard ESP though so the optional bit is probably irrelevant.

Decided not to do anything about it as the garage would more than likely fob me off with the "feature of the car" line - was just going to wait for something to fall off or seize up.
Thanks for that. Yeah I think fobbed off is about right.I've had a drive shaft changed as they thought it was that at first.I'm sure nothing will drop off but it is annoying when you can hear it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just to be daft/obvious. Where you drive off , is the road bumpy or smooth. With my 4x4 Ambience there's the jack mounted on the right of the boot space. If its not secured properly it'll clunk. There's also the spare wheel space under the floor that could house some unruly objects. Everything secure?

I do get a clunk from the brake pads when driving off sometimes, especially if I've reversed onto the drive and quickly applied the handbrake.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I get the same cluck sound with my current car (Hyundai Coupe) when I have reversed onto the drive too, especially of its rained overnight or I have washed the car

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Scaley. My noise is definitely from the ABS Self Testing. Took them 4 months to identify the source but to prove it a CIR (DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT STANDS FOR) was carried out by the Dacia Dealer and Renault/Dacia technical and part of the testing included removing a fuse somewhere on the ESP system and the noise disappeared.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Truth. My noise happens regardless of the weather but funny enough not when I go backwards. Enjoy your new motor, apart from my annoying noise I love the rest of the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts