UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just wondered if the interior courtesy light is only wired to the drivers door on the access.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just had a look at mine. Courtesy light only works on the drivers side.The passenger side has no courtesy light switches.

I can see some wiring on the passenger side running up from the bottom of the carpet leading up behind the grey/black plastic where the seat belt is.

It could be for fitting courtesy light switches but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will have a look at my Access Duster 4x4, never noticed! seams strange if it`s only on one door :huh: ..but then it`s bargain basic...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason I mention it is for anyone thinking of fitting an aftermarket alarm that works on voltage drop. The alarm would not trigger on 4 of the 5 doors.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know you query was for Access, but just for your information the Ambiance model the courtesy lights work on all 4 doors. I have installed a alarm that senses a voltage drop and it senses when any of the door or boot is opened.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If all of your doors activate the courtesy light then they should trigger the alarm. The problem is if anyone fits an alarm where only the drivers door is switched i.e an Access model, then none of the other doors will trigger the alarm..........just a bit of a warning really but thanks anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts