UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I pick up our new Duster on Friday...Laureate with Protection Pack. I'm really looking forward to it.

In your opinion are there any 'essential' accessories I should look at getting in the near future? Either things that will make it look even better or that are just good in other ways?

Any advice would be great!

Jason

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
One thing if you haven't ordered one with car would be a spare wheel. You can get genuine parts at a slightly better rate from Karl. He is another forum member. The other essential is a decent set of fixed mats. I also got the exhaust trim which really sets the rear off. Not sure what colour you chose but I also think window tints really add something to the look of the car.

Most importantly of all you need to order your Dacia Forum sticker ????

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
146 Posts
It depends what you're trying to achieve and it's an emotive subject based largely on personal preference. With a Caspian Blue Duster Laureate myself with "Protection", "Adventurer" and MediaNav, I'm working on the 'Elia' look - a German brand modification company. Take a look at their site. So far I've gone for bullbars, side steps, rear bar, chromed tip exhaust, tailgate wing, spotlights behind the bullbars and above on the roof (although the spots are still a work in progress), 18" alloys with semi off-road tyres, rear tints and I'm in negotiation over the design of an orange and white chequered stripe (and matching door mirror cowls). When this lot is complete, I'll turn my attention to chipping/remapping the engine, turbo and air intake to give it the kind of performance the look deserves and then internal stuff to pimp it with the continued orange and blue theme. Great fun eh? One man's "cool sophistication" is another's "loud bling"! Absolutely none of this can be construed as 'essential' but so what!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like the idea of the orange bits! I've considered some vinyl graphics for the stepway, good thing is if it looks terrible in the flesh you can simply peel it off! I'm interest how it pans out for you tripper :)

Before all this happened with the car I was considering wrapping the bonnet, bumpers and wing mirrors in this

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251577959441

Geraint,

It's called the Kingfisher effect! No doubt Maud and DM will take interest now that pretty animals are involved :)

I'll post some more photos in due course.

Panders,

Graffiti wrap is a good example of the personal taste to which I referred - you either love it or hate it and who am I to say it's dreadful? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
When I showed the mrs this effect, I nearly had to sleep down the shed! Arctic Camo does it for me lads

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1405548253.473851.jpg

It goes to show just how much taste is sadly lacking in this forum. It reminds me of the day when I owned a Mark 1 Capri in blue metal flake with jacked-up back axle, fat (for the day) tyres and the biggest, meanest 'whip' aerial the world had ever seen. I remember once when the aerial came away from its housing and literally whipped a poor old lady pedestrian as I drove by ....... now that's given me an idea for the Duster aerial!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Even somebody with an Aston had the balls, I take it it's not yours tripper?! Lol

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1405549022.336689.jpg

Did you notice the number plate 'duster brave'....... Good description of the owner I suppose

Wow, now the Aston owner needs shooting - we have a set of rules and behaviours that forbid bringing the name of AM into disrepute - must be "new money"!

'Duster Brave' or 'Duster Stupid'; like I said, a very emotive subject.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like all of those. Funnily enough. Not sure what that says about my taste..
Or mine either heheheheh

Now this has given me an idea. With all this obvious lack of taste in car accessorising, it makes me wonder how lacking in sartorial elegance we must all be. Maybe for all those travelling to the Dacia Day at Beaulieu on the 26th, we could have a little side competition for the best dressed car and the worst dressed driver - or the other way around. Thoughts?!? :wacko:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts