UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If like me you have ordered an Access, would fitting accessories like bull bars and aftermarket alloy wheels, void the warranty or deem it modified by the insurance companies. I'm in the position of wanting to add parts gradually over a period of time. I accept that engine modifications like power chipping would, but then again the car would be more powerful and I would expect it to go up a group.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would think that adding accessories (later) which can be bought with the car would not affect the insurance, but the simplest thing is to ask your insurance company.

It could be that adding certain things such as the styling pack (at £655) could have an affect on insurance group. I suppose if you added all the extra packs it comes to over £2000 and it may have an affect on the insurance group.

I always used to fit towbars to my cars which were manufactured by companies other than the car manufacturers (Witter and Towsure). This was never classed as a modification (although I never told them I had fitted it).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Probably getting our version of the bog standard too. Still unsure as to whether I should get Air Con but the rest can be done so much cheaper in my view and you can do it bit by bit so for another grand over time I'd probably get the trim level up to a fairly decent standard.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Safest way with insurance is tell them everything. That way, they have no wriggle room when it comes to a claim.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Safest way with insurance is tell them everything. That way, they have no wriggle room when it comes to a claim.
Yes, forgot to mention the insurance bit. But if there are upgrades for the duster and you do it yourself with original parts or very close value aftermarket ones there is no real issue.

However if you are putting in, say an expensive ICE system then you need to let them know as it does make your car a target. Not sure about rims though they don't really make much of it here in Ireland.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts