UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an accident in Logan last night (no injuries and other party admitted liability) so we're now getting additional stress dealing with Tesco Insurance.
For future reference, can I suggest an initial call to Dacia Assistance (number that's on the sticker on windscreen) who are very helpful and understood me wanting to send my pride and joy to a Dacia dealer for repairs, rather than some unknown garage.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sorry to hear about this situation. It's always gut-wrenching to have your new car damaged like this, and the horrible feeling that it'll never be the same again.

I used Tesco insurance for several years, until I actually had to make a claim (3rd party reversed into my car while parked). I took it for inspection to a local bodyshop with a good reputation, who confirmed they were approved by both Peugeot and Tesco Insurance, and they could start the process within a couple of days. I then contacted Tesco, to start the claim and forward on the quote, only to be told I had to have the car collected and taken to a bodyshop 30-odd miles away (not a Peugeot approved repairer). I argued that I wanted it repaired by the manufacturer's approved bodyshop, and was told, first of all, that the original garage were not on their approved list, and then that if I wanted it repaired anywhere other than the distant bodyshop they were pushing, I'd have to pay for the repair myself and claim back the costs retrospectively!

Back to the original repairer - when I told them what Tesco had said, whereupon the manager said "is that a fact? Leave it with me."

Within an hour I had tesco Insurance on the phone, wanting to make arrangements to have the car repaired at the bodyshop I selected originally - it transpired the only reason they were pushing the distant place was that they were using cheap, pattern parts for Tesco repairs and they were benefitting from a huge discount. It was the lie that my bodyshop was not approved that caught them out.

Hope it all works out without too much hassle for you. At least no-one was hurt.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Logan's booked into local Nationwide accident repair depot for bodywork, however I'll be taking him into our local Dacia dealer for a check up (and peace of mind) after we get him back.
Will be interesting seeing how driving 1.6 Diesel Ford Focus estate compares whilst we've got it as a replacement vehicle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: the Focus estate's cabin feels very cluttered and cramped after the Logan...definitely not as comfortable to drive.
4265f6d69c36385ea382d5b901b978ef.jpg

Does anyone have experience on third party repairers getting parts from Dacia? Apparently Nationwide are still waiting for bodywork panels

·
Registered
517 Posts
OK then, first tell the Nationwide Repair Centre that this is how you will be playing their game.

1. Take the car for repair

2. Collect the car and subject it to testing and inspection by Dacia

3. Sign the satisfaction note.

In other words they agree to release the car without a signature that its properly repaired.

Then have another talk with the insurers - because they wont agree to that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK then, first tell the Nationwide Repair Centre that this is how you will be playing their game.

1. Take the car for repair

2. Collect the car and subject it to testing and inspection by Dacia

3. Sign the satisfaction note.

In other words they agree to release the car without a signature that its properly repaired.

Then have another talk with the insurers - because they wont agree to that.
David, Nationwide was Tesco's approved repairer so we went with them to reduce hassle and stress in the immediate aftermath of the accident.
My plan was to take the car straight into our local Dacia dealer for a check up as soon as we get it back. Any issues raised by them will be getting passed straight to Tesco as "all repairs are guaranteed for 3 years".

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If you are worried about the quality of the repair once completed, sign the paperwork but add under your signature "accepted subject to independent inspection"

As for parts waiting, that's a common problem although it should be getting better now that Dacia is more established here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a phone call from Nationwide earlier, repairs should be completed within a week so waiting time for parts not as bad as I feared

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Guys

I bumped my last car on a gate post (long story) and my insurer had me use Nationwide in Leeds.

Can honestly say they were very professional from taking in, to keeping me informed and I was happy to sign off the repair as the quality was excellent.

I was staggered at the bill the insurer received (so would not say Nationwide were cheap)

I was happy to let them work on the car as it was 4 years old, however if it was my new Dacia (2 weeks old) I may push for either a Dacia repair or a check over by Dacia after repairs undertaken by a 3rd party.

Hope you get it sorted to your complete satisfaction though. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a phone call from Nationwide earlier, repairs should be completed within a week so waiting time for parts not as bad as I feared
Spoke too soon! ????
Still waiting to get Logan back from Nationwide. Was a major delay due to "car ahead of your's on the jig needs more work than expected".
Latest update was Monday of this week and Logan is now in paint shop so at least it's no longer just gathering dust at the back of Nationwide's warehouse.
More delays are expected however, as the engine had to be removed and then replaced...Nationwide will be sending the car to Dacia (guessing local Arnold Clark) to get sensors reset.
Apparently, they're also waiting on a new clutch pedal...with no estimated delivery date.
With hindsight, I wish I'd insisted our pride and joy had gone straight to Arnold Clark/Dacia in the first place!
On the plus side, we're soon going to have a year old car with less than 5k miles on the clock ???? lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts