UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm considering a Petrol Duster so will have to go with the Access trim.

Each dealer we visit give a sharp intake of breath when it's mentioned an mutter words like 'agricultural'. However looking at the brochure the time looks much the same and it's the options that seem to make the difference.

Part of the problem is that the dealers only stock full spec diesel cars so it's tricky to see\drive an Access. If anyne knows of a dealer in the West Midlands with a good stock that would help.

Also, is the Petrol all that under powered ? We run a Panda 1.1 at the moment......

Cheers

David

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's all about up-sell, they probably don't make much commission on the access model so try to encourage the higher trim levels any way they can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi David

We bought a 1.6 Petrol Access 4 x 4 Duster in March of this year. We were looking for a petrol 4 x 4 and searched on Autotrader.com looking at options, and we were surprised to see delivery mileage cars for around £9,500.00. Digging a bit deeper they are all dealer registered cars from 2014; ours was registered in September 2014, and had 16 miles on the clock.

We were a bit sceptical so went and had a look, and a tat drive, and bought the car; as I am sure you know, they are a bit basic (we have fitted a radio and speakers) but they have everything that you need. The driving position is excellent, and may wife's bad back has improved immensely in the few months that we have had the car.

The 1.6 is a bit underpowered, I guess, but it is absolutely fine for everyday driving, as long as you are not a boy racer! It cruises nicely on a motorway at 70 mph.

You see discussions on road noise, but we haven't found it to be intrusive

Anyway, this is a link to the ones on Autotrader now http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/dacia/duster/postcode/nn84uq/radius/1500/sort/mileage/colour/white/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/fuel-type/petrolWe are in Northamptonshire and travelled to Watford to see one and buy it, but it was £2000/£2,500 off the list price so worth it

Good luck

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers. Thanks for th heads up on the Pre Reg stuff. I'll keep an eye out.

John, how hard is it to get speakers & a radio fitted ?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Before committing to any Phase 1 (Indian Built) Duster, please review the following thread:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/706-do-you-have-a-rusty-duster/page-250

- in particular, note the experiences of members "CosmicDolphin" and "DusterFan."

For the record, Phase 1 Dusters are identifiable by, among other things, this grille:

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/dacia-duster-1-front-tracking.jpg

Phase 2 (Romanian built) Dusters have this grille:

http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/2/41/1815/11276552/7/dacia-duster-facelift-update-foto-2.jpg

There are numerous other detail differences, but this is the most immediately obvious. The cars pictured are higher spec, but the grille changes apply to the Access models as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hi David

Radio & Speakers are no problem to fit (to a point). Front speakers are loomed to the iso connector just behind the radio, so with the right adaptor/connector they just clip together. The rear speakers cabling do not go to the iso connector. To be honest, I never got to trace where they actually go to, so I cheated and connected the rear speakers to the front speaker cables, and all is good.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers John.

With regard to the rust issue, are the new phase 2 cars ok ? It's a new car we are pondering. Having pondered it's almost certainly going to be a phase 2 petrol access from new. Looking about I get the feeling that generally phase 2 is the way to go ?

It sounds like they are sorting the issues with the phase 1 cars ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
My wife's car before the Duster was a 2010 Clio DCI I had concerns that she would find it underpowered compared to the diesel unit, so asked to test drive both units. She said that the Access felt the same to drive as her Clio! She only does low miles so it suits her needs.

Our first vehicle was a Phase 1 ruster that was fitted with the adventure pack and stereo and was a pre reg with 10 miles on the clock. We started the rejection process after only a week of ownership. The replacement was delivered 2 months later.

The first thing we did was get a stereo fitted, Halfords have an offer for free fitting & accessories which I believe is still running. We went for a dab unit and four speakers which cost £140, they fitted the stereo, dab aeriel, but not the speakers. I did the front ones myself a quick job but couldn't locate the wiring to the head unit for the rears. The front speakers are more than up to the job, will add the tears at some point.

Good luck.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If you've been driving a 1.1 Panda you know all about underpowered. From some accounts the Petrol Access needs a bit of room to get going when motorway driving and you need to think further ahead if you like to overtake but the off road performance is meant to be excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts