UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Dacia say my 1.2 Sandero should get 57.7, 37.2 and 48.7 mpg (Extra Urban, Urban and Combined respectively).

I do a lot of Motorway driving at approx 75-80 and my average is around 37.5. Anybody have any experience and what are your cars returning (roughly)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The figure they quote is not real world driving, its a lab drive created to simulate real world but allow a consistent way of measuring to allow comparison between cars.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The figure they quote is not real world driving, its a lab drive created to simulate real world but allow a consistent way of measuring to allow comparison between cars.
Don't think they even try to emulate real world driving just what's possible in a lab' treat them with a pinch of salt

As your engine beds in you should see an improvement. What car do real world mpg comparisons if your interested.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
my daily commute....m-way....dual cariageway...and normal city roads.....50-54mpg out of a 4x4.....

pretty good IMHO

DM x

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My friend has a 1.2 sandero and Is returning 55 MPG. His has done 0ver 9000 miles so far and mostly motorway, but I know he doesn't break 60. He's challenged me to beat it, but its early days.
My 0.9 tce Logan has returned 45mpg- 55mpg on different tank-fulls.
I'm experimenting with the tank I'm on now with leaving it in lower gears. For example not going higher then 3rd at 30mph, above 40-50mph in 4th then so on. The car seems more in control in this method, and MPG seems to have increased slightly on the reading on screen, although the fuel calculator at fill up might disagree.
Also using the speed limiter wherever possible, although its quite violent when it stops you mid boost, it seems to make the instant MPG readout higher, I've just had one slight 'moment' on a slip road when I first started using it more often :huh:

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Out of curiosity, how do you calculate the mpg at fill-up as you have no way of knowing how much you've actually used only the amount you've put into the tank which would be less accurate than the onboard computer working out how much fuel it actually uses.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
That's not accurate as you are assuming how much fuel is in your full tank and then again when you refill, so many variables are possible that you could end up with a huge varience from tank to tank.

The computer doesn't use the fuel tank reading, its works out how much fuel has actually been used so will be more accurate than a manual calculation at fill-up. (Assuming the ecu has been programmed correctly).

Because of the variables here any manual calculation could be out by a few mpg or more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Theres a possibility for slight inaccuracies between 2 tanks, but after 10-15 tanks id wager
Its far far more accurate than the computer.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
My computer regularly shows 60+ MPG but I'm averaging 54 on my fuel logs so 10% difference isn't bad.

I find 67 mph to be the magic figure, above that my MPG drops away, at 65 (IF I could stick to it) I would expect to be hitting the 60 MPG no problem

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My right foot is probably slightly heavier than it should be. I like speed, so when I set off, I want to be up front. On the motorway and A-road sliproads around here, you don't have much time to accellerate, so I will regularly be doing high revs to get up to speed. i.e, I'll use 4th to get to around 70mph, then when I'm up to speed, change to fifth.

I could slow down a bit, quite easily, but I just don't enjoy it. I know it would be easier on my wallet, but I get a bit of a buzz out of overtaking supercars when I can because they're 'only' doing 78. I really want to get it up to averaging 40+ on my long, bi-monthly round trip drives to Colchester and back (620 miles). This currently costs me around £180 per month.

I am considering, next year, trading the car in for a diesel model, or maybe the tce, just for the better economy, but this will only be if funds allow, which they probably won't to be honest.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
So, Dacia say my 1.2 Sandero should get 57.7, 37.2 and 48.7 mpg (Extra Urban, Urban and Combined respectively).

I do a lot of Motorway driving at approx 75-80 and my average is around 37.5. Anybody have any experience and what are your cars returning (roughly)?

Thanks
your doing better than me or my wife tobster; your getting 77% of the combined figure.

Dci duster 49.6, 61.4 and 56.5

I get 43 and the wife only manages 39

76% or 69% of the combined.

Tce Sandero 44.1, 65.7 and 56.5

I get 41 and the wife gets 36

72% or 64% of the combined.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I always fill until I see the fuel in the filler then level off to the next ltr just out of habit... but obviously I stop if its going to overflow :D the average MPG rradout will overread if the speedo is even just 1mph overread for obvious reasons, this is how they work out the fuel consumption in the trucks at work so it should be pretty close but nothings 100% anymore in this world.

Sent from my Blade using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
116 Posts
I get about 37-45 brim to brim with my Logan Tce. Need to sit down and put all my latest ones through the spreadsheet though...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts