UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all,

Need advice - this is the first new car I have ever bought, I placed the order mid june for a stepway dci and was told I then that it would be ready on 1st September!

I have attempted to speak with the sales advisor for the past week to confirm when the vehicle was ready for collection - after a week of being fobbed off my the receptionist, he finally return my call today and told me that the vehicles have not arrived and my order was now due at the end of October!!

I don't really know what to do or say?? any advice.

I believe the sales man is lying as I recommended my brother inlaw to the dealership and on my recommendation 2 weeks ago, he took a test drive and saw seeral stepways in the rear yard so he could decide on the right colour for his purchase - his order which is also a dci stepway is due beginning of November??

·
Registered
99 Posts
We ordered June and our delivery is expected October, it was a bit misleading for you to be given a September date but I think that was wishful thinking by the dealer, personally we are just resigned to a wait there's not much else we can do, all very disappointing but these things happen. The cars in the compound where probably orders made before June.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Sadly you only have two options- cancel your order or just hang on till October' don't think taking your business to another Dacia dealer will make your order arrive any sooner- Me I would walk as you need some sort of trust with a dealer and as they have already misled you they don't deserve your hard earned cash

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Some folks have had a long wait for their car (myself included). I'm more concerned about the breakdown in trust with the dealer. The car will get here and even if you cancel and swap dealers you might en up with a longer wait. I presume you have spoken to the salesman to make him aware of how you are feeling? If not it might be worth a chat. I was lucky, I had a good rapport with my salesman but we were the first stepway order on his books (feb '13) and we just picked it up yesterday (2 sep). I managed to get all the bits of shipping paper that was in the car so I know it only arrived at the import centre on the 14 aug.

Small consolation at this point but the car is worth the wait, Lou and I are really loving it, a wee road trip is on the cards this weekend to help break the engine in :)

I hope you can get this sorted out, try and not let it spoil your purchase (wherever you buy it from)
Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
make sure you order all you will possibly need (spares )when ordering your vehicle as problems I am having trying to get a spare wheel (steel or ali.,)for my Duster is rediculous.I am being told that it will take approx., 1month as ''there are no wheels anywhere in this country''.Is this just Bristos not carrying spares or Datia not releasing after sales parts?

On information given ,if I damage one of my wheels I will be without a vehicle for possibly a month until a new wheel is imported!

anyone know of a write off anywhere?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something clearly is not right in this situation. My brother in law has ordered his stepway under 2 weeks ago and his vehicle is coming the same time as mine - give or take a week. The dealership is a dacia dealership / as apposed to a Renault dealership. and to my recollection I was one of the first through their doors!!

im guessing that mine has arrived and possibly given to another customer!! possibly someone they know / family member??

can these vehicles be tracked by dacia uk - any ideas??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi Geraint, yes the same spec was ordered, its the ambience range.

my family have always used Gravells in kidwelly, my sister bought a new megan coupe last year from their Renault sister showroom and my mother the year before that, so very disappointed to be honest!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im a bit shocked to Geraint. when did you order your dacia? where is Paul Thomas based - cause I need to get this sorted!!

The car im trading in is SORN at the moment and my working car has just developed a fault so im not even mobile at the moment, if they could provide me with a car for a few months that might be the answer!

how did you negotiate the car?? any tips for me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it would be interesting to know if anyone else has experience similar problems.

my personal belief is that a bollock has been dropped by carwyn the sales advisor, either he didn't order the vehicle at the time, although I have the paperwork wi=hich shows an order number OR the vehicle has come in and has been issued to someone else!!??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spoke to the owner today and left the showroom under the impression that I would be having a part-ex 04 plate clio on loan until the stepway came in, however, just had a call from the sales agent and he said that there would be a charge of £40 a week. lol. they really are taking the piss now!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only explanation that the vehicle has not arrived is that dacia have not sent any and mine was not being built until the beginning of October and would be available mid-late October!! lol. poor customer service and relations all round at the moment!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will keep you posted.

I would like to know when other stepway buyers around the country ordered their vehicles?? and did they have them delivered in September!??

I don't really know if this is a dealership problem or a Dacia distribution problem??

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
If Dacia dealers was a stand alone business I wonder how long they would last- they would have massive cash flow problems with full order books but woeful delivery times- after being ''caught out'' by demand when first brought to the UK you would have thought by now they would have got their act together- if anything its getting worse with spares getting in on the act

·
Registered
756 Posts
If Dacia dealers was a stand alone business I wonder how long they would last- they would have massive cash flow problems with full order books but woeful delivery times- after being ''caught out'' by demand when first brought to the UK you would have thought by now they would have got their act together- if anything its getting worse with spares getting in on the act
I suspect if they were a separate dealer franchise and separate manufacturing company i suspect these problems would not be as bad by a long way

·
Registered
52 Posts
will keep you posted.

I would like to know when other stepway buyers around the country ordered their vehicles?? and did they have them delivered in September!??
I don't really know if this is a dealership problem or a Dacia distribution problem??
Hi I ordered a stepway diesel ambiance in black end of May.....was originally advised end of Aug/early Sept but now estimated 17 October at the earliest!

I'm now going to have to tax my own car as it expires 30 Sept and mot up 13 Oct!!!! Trying to keep positive but struggling at the minute :0 (

·
Registered
52 Posts
Geraint.....have had very little contact with my dealer....this is Renault/Dacia CS that have been in contact with me.

Think I will contact them though in next week or so to see if there is anything they can do and I dont mind pushing my luck asking for wee favours or help outs from them! If I have any joy I'll keep u posted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts