UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My wife needs a car and she cant make up her mind and hoping some people can give some advice?

either a

1) New Kia Rio £15,495,
2) New MG MG3 1.5 VTi-TECH Excite 5dr £12.645,
3)New Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr £10.745.

Most important to her is a) a good warrany which is honoured well and length of warranty b) Air conditioing c) dont care about how it looks and gadgets, just want something reliable and not constantly needing repairs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there much difference between a Darcia Engine 999 cc and a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc? Its mainly a city car but lots of short trips on the motorway with occasional longer drives on the motorway. So was worried the Darcia Engine 999 cc would not cope as well as a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc for what I need it for?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there much difference between a Darcia Engine 999 cc and a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc? Its mainly a city car but lots of short trips on the motorway with occasional longer drives on the motorway. So was worried the Darcia Engine 999 cc would not cope as well as a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc for what I need it for?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,035 Posts
There is a lot of difference! The 1.0 TCe is a 3 cylinder turbo and the 1,2 is a 4 cylinder normally aspirated. 3 cylinder engines are inherently less balanced than 4 cylinders so need more revs to pull away, which a lot of people wont accept and complain of clutch judder when they set off, it is probably the anti stall cutting in. If you are old school the Rio is the better choice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very helpful thank you.

I am not bothered about how powerful the car is, wether the clutch judders etc .... just wanting to know if the 1.0 Sandero cylinder turbo is more likely to have issues or break than a 1.2 ... 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am not bothered about how powerful the car is, wether the clutch judders etc .... just wanting to know if the 1.0 Sandero cylinder turbo is more likely to have issues or break than a 1.2 ... 4 cylinder? Is a 1.0 L petrol engine with turbocharger better than 1.2 L petrol

I had a peugeot disael and the turbo basically expolded and caused £2,000 of damage. Does the Dacia Sandero 1.0 have a turbo that could also do the same and would it be covered under warranty? I see it has a TURBO INJECTION

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
272 Posts
I don’t know about the other cars , but the tce engine has powered a lot of Renault cars and seems to be well proven (I’ve got to say that because I bought one😇).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Our last two Dacia's were powered by the 0.9 turbo petrol engine and used for mixed driving, in fact the guy who bought our 0.9 Logan phoned me to say despite his initial reservations about the size of the engine in the car, after his 45 mile drive home on the motorway he was delighted with it's performance and kept up with motorway traffic no problem at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know how I can get a Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr sooner as I am getting told I have to order one for delivery by May/June?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whats the differences between the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 and the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr?

Which is a better car?

The Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr has a turbo but the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 does not right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts