UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the boring post but do you know if the aerial on the Duster is the same fitment as a Renault?

I'd like to swap the aerial for a smaller one so it looks less like a radio controlled car.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
No idea about the renault aerial but if you look at my thread in Duster electrical you'll get some idea of what is involved in changing it. I will say that the Dusters aerial is fitted very far forward, on a sharp forward slope and very close to the edge of the windscreen, the hole through the roof is small. I changed mine for a DAB aerial and any other aftermarket ones I've seen have the same problem, the base is just too big to fit well and look 'right' without extra work.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't looking to change the fitment as such just the aerial that you can unscrew.

Happy with the fitment but I suspect it is the same size thread as the older Renaults. Certainly looks identical.

Suppose I should be patient and test it when I get home since I have a Clio sat right next to the Duster but I was prowling eBay and wanted to order one. lol

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Ah yes!, I call it "getting a spend on" :)

The Dusters aerial looks very like the Renault Traffic one if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I wasn't looking to change the fitment as such just the aerial that you can unscrew.

Happy with the fitment but I suspect it is the same size thread as the older Renaults. Certainly looks identical.

Suppose I should be patient and test it when I get home since I have a Clio sat right next to the Duster but I was prowling eBay and wanted to order one. lol
they are the same

u can unscrew this one and fit a shorter one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts