amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Check with your dealer too though, you might find you get a good price from them for the Dacia ones.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Guys...

I just ordered my spare wheel kit from Karl - and I must say the guy offers a level of customer service that is sadly missed in Malta!! I would recommend him to anyone.

Thanks again Karl - hope to receive my goods soon....

Good day from sunny Malta!!

djc

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Simon, re Engine seal, I think so. I ordered mine from LZ Parts, took about a week to come. I think it helps with sound deadening a little ( although the car is getting quieter and quieter as it running in, I'm at 3500 miles and much smoother and quieter) and also helps when it's really wet, I.e. it reduces the water that gets into the engine bay. As with others, I noticed a lot of splashes on the battery and other parts of the engine so after fitting the seal I cleaned the top the surfaces in the engine and they are still much cleaner after some pretty torrential rain and a lot of driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
White 4x2 Laureate.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
thanks bob-r for the link,taken your advice and just ordered 2mtrs[more upgrades!]p.s what were you doing at silverstone[bit of a second home for me?]
Silverstone... I instruct for Caterham Cars occasionally, and drive a Staff Mini Bus for the Caterers at some of the bigger meets.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anyone wanting an alternative to the German Bonnet Seal may like to try this

Posted Image
Bonnet Seal.jpg

2 x Metres @ £4.53, post @ £4.95 + VAT. Total £16.81.

https://www.europaspares.com/product/137/15207/TRIM/RUBBER_SEALS/Door_Seal___Standard___sds_.html

Doesn't look quite the same, but not bad, I'll let you know how it performs...
Have to say on a recent wet week in the Lakes our Duster took on some serious road flooding over the week and I regularly checked to see if there was water intake into the bonnet/engine and it was always dry as a bone.
Sent from my Motorola XOOM using Dacia forum app.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Have to say on a recent wet week in the Lakes our Duster took on some serious road flooding over the week and I regularly checked to see if there was water intake into the bonnet/engine and it was always dry as a bone.
Sent from my Motorola XOOM using Dacia forum app.
Similar here - just back from a week in Wales - I went through heavy rain, deep water and got stuck in mud.

The headlights steamed up on the inside but there was nothing to see under the bonnet

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all does anyone know of duster door side protectors that go along the middle of the door?
They would be about 2" wide . Just to protect the doors from other peoples doors , shopping trolleys?
Cheers

·
Registered
354 Posts
I dont know the actual answer, but I put it under the wheel. Helps keep crud off and allows you to easily slide the wheel out of the cage and from under the car (at the expense of scratching it but thats no biggie)

301 - 320 of 338 Posts