UK Dacia Forum banner
321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi palerider...I bought what I thought were R&D mats.

They turned out to be LTD.

The rear ones fit perfectly.
The fronts fit to a degree

I fitted the drivers side by modifying where they fit the retaining pins...I am going to change.asap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know where in UK I can order a set of third party wheel arch flares?
Dacia ones are like £200, there are them thin metal ones from polish something, but they don't look right, there are suppliers in China that do the correct looking ones, but charge a fortune for postage (because they want you to buy 10 sets at a time.... I only have one car!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Personally i think that you either go for the genuine or none at all...

I managed to buy:

- Rubber mats with high edges

- Rubber mat for boot liner

- Mudflaps (front&rear)

- Wheel arches

- Door lower protection set

- Boot loader aluminum protection

All original equipment for less than 350€ delivered to my door

So, my advice is, dig the internet for better prices...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want a steering wheel cover for my Duster Sumit 2017 but it does not seem to be round it looks to flatten out at the bottom

will a round steering wheel cover fit safely, if not where can I buy one that does ? and what size would I need ? would a steering wheel cover

made for another manufacturer fit if so which one ?. I look forward to any advice anyone can give me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got the 2018 duster air with no satnav built in, anybody tried putting one in? Or is there just no way without trying to get a hold of the front panel with the cut out already in for it?
Renault Dacia changed the audio wiring on 'some' cars during 2017, the Tangier Sanderos came with the audio connectors similar to the Renault Trafic commercials. The Romania Dusters may still have the original type connectors which fit either the MediaNav, or the Classic CD/Radio. (This info may have changed since 2017.)

For an aftermarket double-din set-up you'll need:

a) A Fascia plate.

b )A set of wiring or ISO interconnects to match the vehicle connectors and the new Nav unit.

c) A set of Torx screwdrivers.

d) Antenna plug convertors if needed, and (probably) an add-on GPS antenna.

e) A handsfree 'steering wheel controls' (SWC) interconnect.

The first step would be to Google for a fascia plate, and the nav unit you want. Before you buy anything, pull the original radio out* and photograph the connectors. Then you can double check the connectors to make sure you get the correct ISO and SWC wiring to suit the Duster and the new nav unit.

If the audio connectors on your Duster are the same as the 2014-16 models, it's a straightforward job, all the bits are on Ebay.

If it's the later model wiring, the interconnects were not available the last time I looked in 2017.

The only way to check is to pull out the radio, which may need a security code to re-enable it.

* Check you have the radio code first. Some later DAB radios are coded to the ECU and don't need a manually entered code like the original Classic CD/Radio but may need a different ISO interconnect.

The Chinese online sellers like ALiExpress have aftermarket Nav units for the Duster. Again, you'll need to physically double check the connectors before ordering.

Or, add a stick-on Garmin unit to the windscreen. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ahh thanks repsoll that's ridiculously helpful :) I'll see if I need the code for radio then I'll have a look at the connectors and go from there. I'd just stick the Garmin on for ease but I hate the extra clutter haha.

Cheers man

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
Hi

Has anyone been quoted for a spare wheel for the 2WD and will this fit in the boot well or will it have to fit underneath the back end somewhere? I know there is room in the boot on a 4WD.

I don't like the idea of a tyre repair kit.

Cheers
There are lots on eBay with a Jack and tools for around £99, I am currently working on a space saver light weight frame that can be bolted to the right or left side of the boot panels to accommodate a spare space saving wheel and jack kit and it should not stick our more than the width of the wheel. I think it can be made fairly cheaply with some half inch ply and a broom handle and some evo stick stronger than wood waterproof resin based glue but thats all im saying at the moment.I have already drawn out two plans today but I need delivery of my spare wheel kit from ebay before I get the final measurements sorted out on Monday. materials are very cheap and I think I could make them for a very reasonable price if anyone is interested obviously you would need enough height in the boot to accomadate the spare wheel, my wheels are 16 inch. to save space this will only accommodate the spare wheel and not the standard wheels on the car they would need to be laid flat in the boot until repaired and put back on the car. whilst the narrow spare wheel returns to its carrier.

Richard

321 - 338 of 338 Posts