UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've noticed that the air con in my Stepway does not have any effect in cooling the air at all. Should it work better ie my other car was really cool when the air con was on. Thanks

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi. I've noticed that the air con in my Stepway does not have any effect in cooling the air at all. Should it work better ie my other car was really cool when the air con was on. Thanks

Mine works fine, sometimes Mrs.Roger asks me to turn it off ! ;)

That is the only thing I miss front my SEAT Leon, it had Climatic Control, I set it to 21C when I bought it and never moved it ! :eek:

If you think you have a problem talk to your dealer, that's what the warranty is for ! :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

I gave this problem as I seem to hit the rear screen heater button by mistake sometimes.
On a serious note it seems to take awhile to cool down, but I've left it on constantly these last few weeks and it seems a fair bit cooler now, even though its been 27 outside it always seems ample.
I always use it with re circulated as its pretty poor without it, not sure if that's how its meant to be used though :blink:
Its pretty crap when stationary too, maybe it needs higher revs? Our c Max revs up to 1100rpm when the aircon is on, I've noticed it doesn't move the revs up much if at all on my Logan.
Good luck with it, soz if this was no help at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried it this week both ways and it was blowing out warm air! I'll call dealer in the morning. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I tried it this week both ways and it was blowing out warm air! I'll call dealer in the morning. Thanks for your advice.

maybe its the heat dial that's faulty? Anyway good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
If a cars air con is not used for any length of time the seals can fail and the gas escape, apparently the air con also acts as a lubricate for the seals (that's why the air con automatically comes on with the fan in most Fords) Either way get the garage to check it

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If a cars air con is not used for any length of time the seals can fail and the gas escape, apparently the air con also acts as a lubricate for the seals (that's why the air con automatically comes on with the fan in most Fords) Either way get the garage to check it
that feature is daft in fords, it comes on every time you select any of the directions with the windscreen icon on... fords have heated windscreens anyway.... except ours, as some fool replaced the windscreen with a clear glass one before we bought it.
I think most common 30mins constant use monthly is about enough to keep the seals well used.
Although there seems to be nothing in the manual, my last car that had a more modem system said to idle a hot engine for 1 minute weekly with the aircon running to keep mainenence costs to a minimum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Car is only 6 weeks old so I'll contact dealer to take a look at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car was at dealers today. No gas in system. Refilled and working fine now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also had a similar issue two weeks ago. The aircon stopped after few minutes at the speed above 100kmh. In the service they emptied and refilled the system and told me that was too much freon. So at high speed there was too much pressure and the aircon compressor shut it self.

I will test this next week and keep you posted if you want some feedback.

Respect!

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I also had a similar issue two weeks ago. The aircon stopped after few minutes at the speed above 100kmh. In the service they emptied and refilled the system and told me that was too much freon. So at high speed there was too much pressure and the aircon compressor shut it self.

I will test this next week and keep you posted if you want some feedback.

Respect!
I've just got back from Devon on the M5, plenty of cold air at a steady 80 mph all the way ! Had to turn it off towards the end of the journey as Val (Mrs. Roger) complained she was cold ! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts