UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with the Laureate model, what are your thoughts on the effectiveness of the air-conditioning? I think the heater / blower on the standard Access is pretty good but if air/con had been offered on it, I would have been eager to have it fitted. We have basic air-con on our other car, a Kia Picanto,

and that is excellent.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ho Dorsetboy

I have a Duster Laureatte with air-con. This weekend I used it "in anger" for the first time and it was fine, I had to play with the settings a little but it worked. My previous car, a Citroen Picasso had a very good air-con. So good in fact that if it was directed to the windscreen it would start to frost it up and the difference between inside and outside temp was quickly decreased. My Duster's air-con is not in that league really but it is efficient enough.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
219 Posts
My aircon is just as good as my old Suzuki Jimny, it does the job for me. Bear in mind that aircon works best with the windows closed

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
My aircon is fantastic, and far superior to my 10 plate Fiesta I traded in. My temp drops rapidly and there is a good volume of as well :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mines nice and cool too.....although had the windows down lately trying out the wind deflectors.....i no longer go deaf in my right ear above 50, as was the case with the Yeti!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine is poor compared to other cars I've had. It certainly does not get 'freezing', but I do think its adequate for this country. Unless its warm, its difficult to tell the difference between cold air and aircon.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Whereabouts are you in Lancashire bluegerbera? Is it possible for you to compare your air con with another? I am in Halifax and would happily let you see how effective (or in-effective depending on your requirements) mine is. Or if you can make it to the 1st Tyke Dacia Owners Meet Up near Sheffield then I'm sure we could compare a few.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Mine is poor compared to other cars I've had. It certainly does not get 'freezing', but I do think its adequate for this country. Unless its warm, its difficult to tell the difference between cold air and aircon.

Whereabouts are you in Lancashire bluegerbera? Is it possible for you to compare your air con with another? I am in Halifax and would happily let you see how effective (or in-effective depending on your requirements) mine is. Or if you can make it to the 1st Tyke Dacia Owners Meet Up near Sheffield then I'm sure we could compare a few.

Checked mine yesterday on the way home as it was a Summer evening for once.....

Would agree with bluegerbera's post above but would be great to be able to do a comparison.

Saw a duster near home on the way to work today - we both did the bird staring in the mirror thing for a few seconds.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Out here in Greece air con is most definitely required and ours works perfectly. At the end of April here the temps were more like July, in the mid 30's and our air con has worked faultlessly.

Anyone who believes their air con is poor in the UK has unreasonable expectations or there is a problem with the equipment, in which case get it back to the dealer. Temp should be between 4 and 6 at the vents.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have added a couple of short videos showing how the air-con in my Duster works. Over in the Video Section.

I hope these help.

·
Registered
118 Posts

I'd love to come, ****. Just need to check my availability. I don't find the aircon a problem, just not as fierce as my old Merc. I also wonder if it would be more effective the warmer it is. Haven't really had blistering heat yet! Tried it again tonight and it is definitely cold, just not freezing! I'll see if I can come to the meet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Conventional air conditioners are efficient- there's no doubt about that- but they come with huge costs in the form of electric consumption and the associated utility bills. More electric usage from such units would mean that more hydro-electric and nuclear power plants will have to be installed in the future, resulting in the destruction and occupation of precious land and other natural resources in the process.

·
Registered
560 Posts
alvinjvillalba I think you'll find that now Dacia have sorted out the leaky door seals a hydro-electric plant in a Duster would be virtually useless!

;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, just bought my 14 plate duster.With the warm weather we have been having recently I thought i'd try the air con. for 1st. time. No cold air coming out, after roughly a minute, two loud bangs from engine dept. and what appeared to be the brakes being applied together with burning smell followed by gassy smell, since then I've had colder air coming from my backside. I guess it's back to the garage for the next couple of months, at least the hot spell will be over by then.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Hopefully sounded worse than it actually is spike.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts