UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my annual service a couple of months passed then when i went to adjust the airflow to demist the front screen i found the knob was jammed and wouldnt turn. I went to my dealer and it seems the pollen filter may have slipped or not been fitted right under the dash and may be jamming the knob somehow. So its off for a free warranty fix on mon 21st Dec. This is the first thing to go wrong on my Duster DCI in well over two years. Not so much as a fault more a failure to fit a part properly.

So if you cant adjust the airflow, dont force the knob as its a simple fix.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi that's interesting they inspected mine, but did not fix it.

can you post if this is a fix, there was a number of people with this problem.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mine does not have a pollen filter as it is an Access , but the knob is still jamming . On the initial garage inspection they said the " cable had jammed " and would have to come back in but as it is under a section 75 every thing is on hold .

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Had this problem on my 63 plate duster,they changed a cable but did not cure problem .got rid of car before getting fixed..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After being told it was an easy fix by the dealer i bought from, they had the car back for a whole day and didnt fix it. They now tell me they need to get a heater unit that fits under the dashboard to repair it and there isnt one available .... SO its on back order and they now want my vehicle for at least a day and probably two days when they finally get the new part.

I have a full five year warranty bought and paid for so even though its only two years plus old they have to fix it. This is not what i was expecting at all. I only have the two positions available on the air directional knob feet only or windscreen only so at least i can use the vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still no fix done on my 2013 Duster and its been outstanding as a warranty job since 21st Dec 2015. SO i called the dealer and said whats happening and they said there were none of the heater units available from DACIA!! I said not good enough and i would use the not fit for purpose side of the sales laws via trading standards. Then i was told they would call DACIA spares and try to expedite a unit. Then i had a call from DACIA saying my part would be rushed to resolve my issue. The date of the DACIA call was 21/2/2016 from Customer Relations.

Let see if they move it along or not. I cant see the point of buying extended DACIA warranty for parts and labour if there are no parts available. Its not like its a new model car is it as its been out now for over three years!!!! When i asked if they were still making Dusters in Romania and they said yes they were, i said an immigrant could have walked to the UK with one under his arm by now from there.

As you may guess i am not too happy with this tale of woe and my idea of buying another car from them is changing fast as a result of this. How i asked do they expect me to drive the car when i cant demist the screen? If i have a crash due to not being able to i wonder who would win a legal claim for damages...

More when they ever find a part for me which will hopefully be soon.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
This does seem to be a common problem with early Dusters - mine went in in Monday but I was told the same as you, Den, it will be a 5 week wait for a new heater fan. By which time my warranty will be about to expire but they assured me that because the fault was reported before the expiry, it will be repaired under warranty.

It's a big job as the entire dashboard has to be removed.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Maud fondeo why dose dacia not make recall on early dusters as it seems be common fault will the warantry still stand gd if heater went rong just after 3yrs ???

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Because it's a big job to completely remove that dashboard and they don't have the spare parts anyway - so they will do them piecemeal as customers complain. It would cost them shedloads of money to replace the heater in every 13 plate Duster - they did the maths!
Mine has been sticking virtually since the car was new but I never did anything about it until it got so stiff that I was worried about breaking it if I forced it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Maud fondeo dacia no there fault in heater then why they not have spare parts ready anyway u still get car from dealer

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Yes, they must know there's a fault, Mike, but they're not going to advertise the fact. There are several members on the Forum who have reported it and I know of 2 other Duster owners who haven't mentioned it on here.
Do you mean that I will get a courtesy car from the dealer while the car is being repaired? The service guy told me that they couldn't diagnose the exact fault without removing the dash and then if it turned out to be the heater fan then my car would be in bits for 5 weeks awaiting the spare part and I would have to have a courtesy car for 5 weeks which wasn't what either of us wanted. So the best solution seemed to be to let me keep my car until the part which should solve the problem arrives in the country. I guess it's possible that when they dismantle the dash, it may turn out to be just a faulty cable, but if so they have a fan ready and waiting should someone else have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Maud fondeo yes u should get courtesy car as it warantry work my dealer supply courtesy car for yearly service as well u would have thought the heaters are the same as are in Renault's vechicle so why the long wait there making heaters why can't they ship one out ull build complete car and dell it in 5weeks come dacia u do the maths ???

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
I agree,Mike, 5 weeks seems a stupidly long time for a part to be on back order but better people than me have pitted themselves against Dacia CS trying to expedite parts and they haven't succeeded so I won't even try, I will just wait and see how long it takes.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I agree,Mike, 5 weeks seems a stupidly long time for a part to be on back order but better people than me have pitted themselves against Dacia CS trying to expedite parts and they haven't succeeded so I won't even try, I will just wait and see how long it takes.
Good luck Maud,they changed the cable on my old 13 plate worked for about a month then stuck solid..no probs with the new one ..

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Well Badger I may be going along the same route as you. Unfortunately I am not a good negotiator so I haven't got myself as good a deal as you but the final decision will be made on Saturday.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had another call from Dacia Customer people and they tell me the part is being rushed through now. So no part available yet even though they have them in stock for building of new Dusters in Romania!!!

I am now to wait for the next call telling me they have sourced the parts to fix it. By that time i expect it to be three full months since they had my Duster in to check the faulty heater control knobs.

More info once i get some from Dacia......

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well just had another call from Dacia CS and they still have no part to fix by jammed/broken airflow directional control knob. its now been three months. So much for the purchase of a five year warranty then if they cannot provide any parts to do the repairs. I wonder what trading standards would say about that then. Not being able to honour a contract and taking money for nothing is a fraud isnt it? I will be reading the warranty document closely to see if they are not honouring their contract i bought for an extra £300 back in June 2013. How can you sell something that you know you cannot provide without being guilty of fraud i wonder?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about us Duster owners call the Watchdog show and ask them to contact Dacia CS for us all? Surely the sale of goods act applies here as they are selling something that they cant provide. No parts means no repairs, how can that be a warranty that you can use? They are now doing 5 year warranty with all new cars bought on finance. How can they do this and not be committing fraud?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts