UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just purchased a second hand Stepway, I love the car but the airbag light is permanently on???? Has anyone any ideas/solutions to this please???

Thanks in advance

Zoeteen

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
Hi

I have just purchased a second hand Stepway, I love the car but the airbag light is permanently on???? Has anyone any ideas/solutions to this please???

Thanks in advance

Zoeteen
Hi, zoeteen, and welcome to the forum ! ;)

Have you checked the Air bag switch on the end of the passenger side of the dash board, when the passenger door is open ?

It could be that the Air bag function has been turned off, for use with a childs' seat by the previous owner. :eek:

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,864 Posts
Which warning light is it there are 2. The one behind the gear stick along with the seat belt warning is when the passenger air bag has been disabled to fit a child seat. The switch can be seen by opening the passenger door, according to the handbook it should only be operated with the ignition off.

The other is in the instrument panel. There are cables for the side airbags under the seats but if the car is still under warranty I would take it to the dealer, if there is no obvious disconnection. If it is out of warranty I would also take it to the dealer unless you are confident in your diagnostic abilities.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked to see if the connector under the driver and passenger seats is connected, they can be damaged by pushing objects under the front seats. If they are OK and your car is out off warranty, you could try www.theairbagman.co.uk - they get good reviews from HonestJohn www.honestjohn.co.uk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a one year old dacia sandero essential, and the child passenger airbag amber warning light is permanently on. I took it to the Dacia Dealership and they confirmed there was no problem with the airbag, but failed to turn the warning light off, I have tried everything to try and turn this thing off, but I just cannot get this thing turned off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts