UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I lock the car with the key beeper and all is fine apart from the time I left the dog in the car and he set off the alarm.

Last weekend when we went on our journey to collect the puppy, I took out the key and my daughter locked the doors with the button under the radio that makes all the knobs go down. The alarm went off a few seconds later.

When I parked on the ferry I tried to lock the car with the key in the lock, it only brings down the driver door knob, leaving all others up. I reached in and locked with button under radio, alarm went off! I had to open all door locks with button under radio, push down passengers knob, both back door knobs then lock drivers door with the key. Boot remained unlocked but I thought this better than alarm going off and frightening dog to death.

I have not yet tried to understand the complicated button pressing system on the passengers side, the salesman did demonstrate it unsuccessfully when I took delivery of the car!!

Just very suprised that I cannot lock all doors with key in drivers door.

Do I have a fault?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
U should have a owners manual for the alarm, from the dealer

also try this it works on my alarm which is factory fit but my car its a 2001 dacia model

to leave a window open or a person inside or a pet and not trigger the alarm (this disables the interior sensors)

1. insert key into ignition

2. turn the ignition ON (DO NOT START THE CAR)

3. turn the ignition OFF (DO NOT REMOVE KEY)

4. turn the ignition ON (DO NOT START THE CAR)

5. turn the ignition OFF

6. remove key from the ignition

7. step out and lock the car from the alarm remote in maximum 20 seconds

and no do u not have a fault

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is the cobra one that came with one of the packs.

It has a button by passengers side glove box that needs pressing for certain amounts of time to do different things.

I just did not realize that the door lock thing activates the alarm as you can lock doors with it while driving.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
mine is the cobra one that came with one of the packs.

It has a button by passengers side glove box that needs pressing for certain amounts of time to do different things.

I just did not realize that the door lock thing activates the alarm as you can lock doors with it while driving.
it activated the alarm also because u didnt put the key into ignition, or didnt start the engine

it shouldnt activate the alarm while the engine its running just the door locks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts