UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering early Feb with an ETA of 29th March, having this confirmed on 22nd but warned it may be mid to late April. We were shocked to hear delivery would be put back to June. We had agreed a private sale for our current car and this was now threatened. So I rang another dealership to see what options the could offer.

Upshot is we have cancelled the original order and ordered with a different dealer. We have changed to colour to Caspian Blue from Mariana Blue and also dropped the ESC gizmo. The car is in Sunderland and delivery should be this month.

So after never having ordered a brand new car before, we have already ordered 2 this year ;-)

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Hi **** hope this new order goes well. :)

Reactions: Micknand

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hope it goes well for you... I will be checking with my dealership today.. When I ordered 22nd March they said it was in UK and usually the ones they have received previously took only 4 days to arrive. I know we have had Easter but if he can't give me a date may cancel that one and see what else is I stock with other dealerships...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last night I was told that one of the problems has been the distribution here. The company originally doing it couldn't cope so it is now being done by a subsiduary of Stobarts.

I think it's fair to say we are more confident in this new dealer and that is quite important. We have also added a 5 year waranty and 3 year servicing and one MOT deal.

Reactions: Bandit

·
Registered
571 Posts
Micknand..

What was the 3 year servicing and MOT deal.. When I spoke with my dealer about this he didn't have a clue.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bandit

Arnold Clarke at Huddersfield offer 3 services plus 1 MOT for £359

Not sure I would normally pay this much for servicing but as this is the first time I have bought a new car I decided to go with dealer servicing for now. Plus any failures in MOT besides general wear & tear should be covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's not a bad price.. Main dealer servicing I have paid for new/newish cars is anything from £200.00 per service +parts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Bandit

Arnold Clarke at Huddersfield offer 3 services plus 1 MOT for £359

Not sure I would normally pay this much for servicing but as this is the first time I have bought a new car I decided to go with dealer servicing for now. Plus any failures in MOT besides general wear & tear should be covered by the warranty.

Blimey, my dealer sent me an 'offer' for £723!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
topofall seems I might have been offered a bargain.....not like me at all...better check the small print ;-)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bit of a result all round ****. You now get Caspian Blue which I really like and would have been my choice in a cooler climate.

Reactions: Micknand

·
Registered
217 Posts
I took out that servicing deal 3xservices (12k miles or 12 months interval) plus 1 free mot and it was called service plan .... It worked out at £352

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi ****, You better not get yours before me, as you know i've ordered from there, who have you dealt with?

The service plan with them is correct, i'm thinking of the 4 year one with 2mot's for £459.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Paul

Ian, same as you, perhaps I should have mentioned your name I might have got discount!

He had access to a list of available cars so for those who are still waiting it may be worth seeing if your local dealer can see if anything else is on the list?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are probably a bit late now - tut.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,

My local Renault dealer said that servicing costs on the Duster DCi were £90 intermediate and then £180 full. So three services at standard prices is £360 - not far off the Huddersfield offer above and certainly not out of the way by any standards. However that was the same salesman who promised me delivery inside 2 weeks from placing the order (I'll be finding out tomorrow how true that was :) )

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Proparch

The offer I have taken also includes the first MOT.

Hope you get good news tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts