UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!
Ant recomedations for alloy wheel cleaners?
Just cunder the Duster cleaning the insides of mine off and thought I would ask the question.
I was too lazy to jack her up and take the wheels off to do it ........Lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
A wheel cleaner called iron x. It is brilliant. It is a purple spray and you can liberally spray each wheel, leave for a short period,wash the spray off. That is it. Nearly no scrubbing at all. You can get it almost anywhere, halfrauds, amazon etc.

Give it a Google and see results for yourself. ????

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I've used 'Carplan Wonder Wheels' on previous cars: it sounds similar to 'iron x' in that you spray it on, leave it for a few mins, and wash it off. it also turns up in local discount shops for about a fiver a go.

I think with both types there's a danger that if you leave it on too long it can damage the lacquer...so read the instructions carefully.

Joe
p.s. my Duster Ambiance has silver steelies...which are about to be resprayed gunmetal: post & pics to follow in due course

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might wait for a carplan discount then!
Good luck with the colour change mate

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use Valet Pro Bilberry, it's acid free and the dirt/ brake dust comes away with very little effort.

You dilute it which sounds strange but it works and lasts along time.

Check it out on ebay.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do Boba. Got a few options now. Thanks.
Just having a pint at thelocal cricket club. Bliss .........

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slightly off topic but related in a way (lol) , I also bought some Carplan tyre foam from Asda while I was there. I would really recommend it. Leaves the tyres sparkling, better than any other I have used.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Slightly off topic but related in a way (lol) , I also bought some Carplan tyre foam from Asda while I was there. I would really recommend it. Leaves the tyres sparkling, better than any other I have used.
Does it leave your tyres like they look when you pick your car up from the showroom?.

If you have a Home Bargains store near you, they do a Black Shine Restorer by Astonish Car Care costs £1 for a 750ml trigger spray ( its in a glossy black bottle with a black label and white writing) . Makes your tyres really shinny you just spay it on a clean dry tyre and leave to dry.
You can also use it for plastic trims, just sprat it onto a cloth then wipe your plastics.

( they also do a wheel cleaner but don't buy that its crap )

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I used to use the Carplan Wonder Wheels but in the kit form with cup and application brush - now I have wheel trims I just use karcher snow foam and a brush.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I used to use the Carplan Wonder Wheels but in the kit form with cup and application brush - now I have wheel trims I just use karcher snow foam and a brush.
I used to use the Karcher snow foam but I binned it for this stuff it is so much better and far far cheaper... ( except the dreaded P&P charge ut you can order more items and just pay the one P&P charge think you can order upto 4 gallons for the one charge).
I bought a foam lance of ebay the karcher one is rubbish I bought one of them first and it was as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike. I then bought one of the ones with brass fitting on the top of a white bottle and its absolutely brilliant, I mix the cherry snow foam with water 50/50 in the lance bottle an it works perfect. get about 3 washes out of each fill. The free power wash wax you get free with it is pretty good too, you spray in on then blast it with you power wash. Next time I order snow foam I am going to order a gallon of the concentrated power wash wax @£13.50. Well worth double the little money it costs. its concentrated so buy 1 gallon it mages 4 so will last for ever.

http://www.bonnymans.co.uk/products/product.php?categoryID=1370&productID=6592
http://www.bonnymans.co.uk/products/product.php?categoryID=1388&productID=6101

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just landed in Tenerife but I will be getting the stuff to shine my plastic up when I get back!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just in my local asda and only got 500ml bottles for £5

Boo hoo
There is 2 different ones... One is labelled alloy wheel cleaner... That's the one you prob seen for a fiver.
The one we have all been talking about is labelled wheel cleaner and is the bigger bottle for less money

1 - 20 of 20 Posts