UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know if a Sandero Stepway Laureate comes with a locking wheel bolts ?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Pretty sure all models with alloy wheels come with locking wheel nuts.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The laureate has real alloys but no locking wheel nuts, tbh I can't remember the last time I heard of alloys been nicked unless you live in Liverpool

·
Registered
39 Posts
My laureate has steel wheels with the fiendishly clever alloy look trims and no bolts .a no body wanting to nick em ! :D:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
No it's not, it's General Chat???

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Ok.... but read the first post!!!! :p
No! :p

WhatCar says the Stepway has Alloys as an option at £435 so it's possible Roger has some. That said I assumed all alloys came with a locking bolt but only because mine did.

Roger...aarrr..now that be a good name for a cabin boy! :D

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gents ( & ladies ? ) Now I am completely confused, I was sure that the Laureate I test drove at the dealers had, but now I am not so sure ! Just have to wait until mid November when mine should arrive ! Wolverhampton Renault has been 'phoning me every few weeks, telling me that delivery is still on track, so I can only hope !

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
No need to be confused..... Look at the photo, they look like alloys on the car but are actually cleverly designed wheel trims. As you can see from my photo the wheel bolts are all identical and are definitely not the locking/security type! ;)
Seems like the best of both worlds to me.... you get the looks of alloys, without the expensive refurbishment or replacement cposts when they get damaged!

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roger, you dont have to be confused to join but it certainly helps!! :wacko: Good luck for November and I hope the wait goes quickly.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
The laureate has real alloys but no locking wheel nuts, tbh I can't remember the last time I heard of alloys been nicked unless you live in Liverpool
I think Alloy theft was popular in the 1990s when they were new and expensive but there is very little, if any, around at the moment.

Liverpool is nowhere near the capital for car thefts claims. The M2 Postcode central area of Manchester tops the list. Bradford, Leeds, Birmingham and London are hotspots.

The most likely cars to be stolen are Suzukis, Mistubishis, Mercs and BMWs.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roger, you dont have to be confused to join but it certainly helps!! :wacko: Good luck for November and I hope the wait goes quickly.
Gosh that's very informed of you Chris :D

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Whooooosh that went straight over your head
Actually there was a complaint about "out of date" comments about Liverpool. I decided to add a balancing view.

Gosh that's very informed of you Chris :D

I do my research :rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Go get a set of alloys from www.wheelbasealloys.com for £279.. I did PADUA versions. You can also get locking wheel nuts from them too for £10. The wheels come with a full fitting kit . They are 7.5 inch wide or 7.5J . Made by Wolferace and very light too. I was amazed at the difference in weight between these and the Ambiance steel wheels. A good weight saving....

The wheels are now level with the outside edge of the wheelarches and look magic. They use the standard tyres.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts